Author Topic: Edit sub-group header  (Read 4670 times)

sleepless

Is there a way I can change the 'Disc#' subgroup header to read "Disc 1", "Disc 2" etc... instead of just displaying the number only? See image:

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You'll need to make yourself a virtual tag "Disc <Disc#>".  Then you'll need to edit the panel settings for your view and change the subgroup header to the new tag.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

sleepless

You'll need to make yourself a virtual tag "Disc <Disc#>".  Then you'll need to edit the panel settings for your view and change the subgroup header to the new tag.

Perfect, thanks!

sleepless

Oops, not so fast... Now it displays: "Disc Unknown Disc#" for every album without a disc#. When the subgroup header was Disc#, the display would be blank if the disc#field was empty, which was how I liked it. Any way to fix this? I don't want to write Disc#1 tags to all my single-disc albums. I only want the subgroup header displayed for multiple disc albums, like before.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Oops, not so fast... Now it displays: "Disc Unknown Disc#" for every album without a disc#. When the subgroup header was Disc#, the display would be blank if the disc#field was empty, which was how I liked it. Any way to fix this? I don't want to write Disc#1 tags to all my single-disc albums. I only want the subgroup header displayed for multiple disc albums, like before.

Change your virtual tag:

$IsNull(<Disc#>,,Disc <Disc#>)

You can use $IsNull as a workaround any time you're getting that "unknown" value in a virtual tag.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

sleepless

phred

• Global Moderator
Change your virtual tag:
$IsNull(<Disc#>,,Disc <Disc#>)
You can use $IsNull as a workaround any time you're getting that "unknown" value in a virtual tag.
I've created a virtual tag as above.  It shows as expected in Albums & Tracks view, and in Tracks view.  How can I get it to show when I expand an album in Album Covers view?

Also, I've noticed the despite using $IsNull when in Tracks view Im getting "Unknown Disc#" when the album consists of only one CD.  How do I make it show only for albums with more than one CD?

Thanks.
Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 04:09:04 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

How can I get it to show when I expand an album in Album Covers view?

Add the field on the Expanded panel configuration dialog.

Also, I've noticed the despite using $IsNull when in Tracks view Im getting "Unknown Disc#" when the album consists of only one CD.  How do I make it show only for albums with more than one CD?

Not sure why you're getting "Unknown Disc#".
Anyway use this to display the field only for albums with more than one disc:

$If(<Disc Count>>1,$IsNull(<Disc#>,,"Disc "<Disc#>),)

phred

• Global Moderator
How can I get it to show when I expand an album in Album Covers view?

Add the field on the Expanded panel configuration dialog.
DUH!!! That's about the only place I failed to look and it's the one I should've looked at first.  Thanks.

Not sure why you're getting "Unknown Disc#".
Anyway use this to display the field only for albums with more than one disc:

$If(<Disc Count>>1,$IsNull(<Disc#>,,"Disc "<Disc#>),)

Still getting the Unknown Disk# in Tracks view when the disc count is less than two. In case it matters, I should note that in the case where there is only one disc in the album, the disc tag is blank. 

Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 04:04:02 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

redwing

OK, I see what's going on. When grouped by a field, that field cannot be null because MB has to display something there.
But I'm not sure what to put there. Added "Null" as a placeholder, so replace it with any appropriate wording:

$If(<Disc Count>>1,$IsNull(<Disc#>,"Null","Disc "<Disc#>),"Null")

phred

• Global Moderator
OK, I see what's going on. When grouped by a field, that field cannot be null because MB has to display something there.
But I'm not sure what to put there. Added "Null" as a placeholder, so replace it with any appropriate wording:

$If(<Disc Count>>1,$IsNull(<Disc#>,"Null","Disc "<Disc#>),"Null")
That took care of it.  For the time being I replaced "Null" with "Track List."
Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
For anyone coming across this thread - when "Null" is changed to "Tracks" or any other text, it upsets the balance of the columns in the expanded album view by listing the first track of the first column lower than the first track of the column to the right.  Instead of changing "Null" to text, change it to a space.  As in
$If(<Disc Count>>1,$IsNull(<Disc#>,"Null","Disc "<Disc#>),"")
This results in -nothing- being displayed other than the disc numbers and results in evenly spaced columns.
Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:23:56 AM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

redwing

For anyone coming across this thread - when "Null" is changed to "Tracks" or any other text, it upsets the balance of the columns in the expanded album view by listing the first track of the first column lower than the first track of the column to the right.  Instead of changing "Null" to text, change it to a space.  As in
$If(<Disc Count>>1,$IsNull(<Disc#>,"Null","Disc "<Disc#>),"")
This results in -nothing- being displayed other than the disc numbers and results in evenly spaced columns.

I would say rather your usage of the field is a little uncommon. As long as the user is not using the field as a grouping field in Tracks view, the original formula (returning nothing) would work best because Album & Tracks view and Expanded artwork panel handles the field properly even when it returns nothing.
Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:24:13 AM by phred

phred

• Global Moderator
I would say rather your usage of the field is a little uncommon.
I'm not a bit surprised.  Why take the great circle, when I can just mosey along the equator?  :-)

As long as the user is not using the field as a grouping field in Tracks view, the original formula (returning nothing) would work best because Album & Tracks view and Expanded artwork panel handles the field properly even when it returns nothing.
Yes, it's handled well in those views, but I found it helpful when editing tracks in the Details view.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki