Author Topic: Songs being cut off at the end - How to shut off?  (Read 5538 times)

thetommyboy2k

Hey there!

Merry Christmas to everyone!  I have the newest version of MusicBee, and I recently recorded some songs off of vinyl records I have.  I added them to the library, but the songs are being cut off... about 20-30 seconds.  How can I shut this off so it will play the entire song?

Thanks!
Tommy

AvikB

Hey there!

Merry Christmas to everyone!  I have the newest version of MusicBee, and I recently recorded some songs off of vinyl records I have.  I added them to the library, but the songs are being cut off... about 20-30 seconds.  How can I shut this off so it will play the entire song?

Thanks!
Tommy

By any chance do you have crossfade enabled?

thetommyboy2k

I checked and I don't have crossfade enabled.  It only does it with the songs I recorded off vinyl.  Please help!

Thanks,
Tommy

AvikB

I checked and I don't have crossfade enabled.  It only does it with the songs I recorded off vinyl.  Please help!

Thanks,
Tommy

Does it happen with other music players or musicbee only?

Steven

• Administrator
it sounds to me like there is some corruption in the filles. Keep in mind each player handles corruption differently.
Probably the quickest way would be to PM me a link to one of the files

thetommyboy2k

I just recorded them as .WAV and imported them into MusicBee.  I have tried playing them in Groove Music (Windows 10) and the entire songs play.  I even opened in the program I recorded it in (Leapic Audio Editor) and the entire songs play there too. 

Thanks,
Tommy

AvikB

I just recorded them as .WAV and imported them into MusicBee.  I have tried playing them in Groove Music (Windows 10) and the entire songs play.  I even opened in the program I recorded it in (Leapic Audio Editor) and the entire songs play there too. 

Thanks,
Tommy

As steven said the file might be corrupted, as musicbee is sensitive about corrupted file, this definitely be an issue.

thetommyboy2k

I just find it hard to believe they are corrupted because they play in the two players I mentioned.  I have yet to try iTunes as I wanted to stick with MusicBee as my primary player. 

Thanks,
Tommy

Steven

• Administrator
if they are wav files then you are right about the reason being unlikely due to corruption.
However the only way i can take this forward is to play one of the files myself, for which i would need a link to a zip of one of the files

thetommyboy2k

How do I post a link to one of the files?  They are on my hard drive.

Thanks,
Tommy

cartman005

You'll have to upload it to a filesharing site such as Mediafire. Then send Steven a personal message with the link. Don't post it here publicy.

Steven

• Administrator
got the file thanks. It appears to be a bug in the bass library which doesnt seem to correctly handle the 48K sample rate (usually wav files have a 44.1K sample rate, so if you can change that for future files then that would solve the issue).
I will report the issue to the BASS developer and see if a fix can be provided

thetommyboy2k

Would there be a way to still play them in MusicBee correctly without having to re-record them?  Could I burn them to a CD, then rip them in 44K? 

Thank you for your help!  :-)
Tommy