Author Topic: Podcast issues  (Read 2030 times)

Fonce Falooda

Hey!  Two things.  First, for the first time since I've been using Musicbee (a couple years, I think) my Subscription.dat got corrupted.  What's the .bak file for, if it won't fix it when the original file gets corrupted?!!  Maybe it should go back a couple iterations, not just saving the very last one every time?  Because they were both corrupted, defeating the purpose of a backup file.

Second, why does the Podcasts window always open to "album art" view when I have it set to "list" or whatever.  It opens with all the covers all over the place, then if I click away and back again (say to "History" and then back to "Podcasts"), it displays them in "list" format.  It's been doing this for a while now, and I was just living with it until my damn subscriptions.dat got corrupted!!  Ugh.

Still madly in love with Musicbee, but the Podcasts aspect of it might need a little attention.  Thanks!

esparrow

With regards to the first point - I have the same issue.

Occasionally, my Podcast subscriptions get corrupted (I've described this issue here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17098.0). In these cases I would love to go back to the state immediately before the corruption using the .bak file. This is, however, not possible - when I use the .bak file, the same issue persists (i.e. already downloaded Podcast files are "forgotten"). It seems that I had not realised the error in time, and the .bak file relates only to the last session where the error already existed - which is not much use. The same is true for the library file, by the way.

It would be great if there would be a backup policy where a number of backups are kept - say based on a once-week-policy going back three months. It would not consume that much disk space, I presume. What do you think?

Thank you so much for the wonderful program, Steven!