Author Topic: Email notifications are not sent since yesterday  (Read 12798 times)

darkred

I've noticed since yesterday
for this thread GUI changes for v3.0
for which I have enabled notifications of new replies and I have set in Profile|Modify Profile|Notifications and Email --> the For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me: [instantly] (initially it was "Instantly, only for the first unread post"),
that I I no longer get emails for new posts.

The last email I got was for this post from yesterday was http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.msg100158#msg100158

Steven

• Administrator
the forum was upgraded to a new version on saturday morning, so since you received messages yesterday then its not that.
I would guess its just a temporary problem. Can anyone else confirm they have not been receiving email notifications?

phred

• Global Moderator
the forum was upgraded to a new version on saturday morning, so since you received messages yesterday then its not that.
I would guess its just a temporary problem. Can anyone else confirm they have not been receiving email notifications?
What I've noticed was an overall slowdown on Forum traffic in general.  There were very few new messages or replies yesterday.  I am finding that I'm receiving notifications for the topics I've requested.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

darkred

Also, I'd like to say, that, for this current thread, I only got notification email for the post by Steven (i.e. not by phred)
and from the other thread "GUI changes for v3.0" I still haven't got any emails. (i.e not even for the latest 2 posts after my latest post: by Steven and and by Alumni)

For reference:
Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 07:50:46 PM by darkred

phred

• Global Moderator
So far today (for me) all seems well as I just rec'd this, along with others.
-----
A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by darkred.

View the reply at: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17065.new;topicseen#new
-----

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

darkred

I just got an email (the 1st since yesterday -on time btw-) for the latest post for the thread "GUI changes for v3.0"
----
A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by Alumni.

View the reply at: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.new;topicseen#new
----

darkred

I just got an email (the 1st since yesterday -on time btw-) for the latest post for the thread "GUI changes for v3.0"
----
A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by Alumni.

View the reply at: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.new;topicseen#new
----

... but since then, I didn't get any other email for the new replies.

Steven

• Administrator
i think the issue is probably with the hosting company for the musicbee site. Just now i got 200 topic notification mail delivery failure messages all saying your domain does not exist or is blacklisted.
I guess lets see how it goes over the next few days
Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 09:04:44 PM by Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
i think the issue is probably with the hosting company for the musicbee site. Just now i got 200 topic notification mail delivery failure messages all saying your domain does not exist or is blacklisted.
I guess lets see how it goes over the next few days
Was this for me or for darkred?  I seem to remember a number of months ago, where you notified me of my notifications being bounced back to you and it eventually cleared up.  I may change my email address on the forum to see if that helps.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
its still happening. I will give it one more day and then contact the web-hosting company if its still a problem

Steven

• Administrator
i contacted the support desk about this. Unfortunately i am getting nowhere with them and its not a good experience when you have to repeat over again what has already been said.
Please ket ne know if it suddenly starts working again

phred

• Global Moderator
i contacted the support desk about this. Unfortunately i am getting nowhere with them and its not a good experience when you have to repeat over again what has already been said.
Please ket ne know if it suddenly starts working again
I woke up to find 8 notifications of new mail from 3 of the threads I'm watching.  I consider this progress.  Haven't had a PM overnight so I don't know if those notices are being sent.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
ok thanks. thats good news as I have a feeling i wont be able to get it solved with the help desk

phred

• Global Moderator
ok thanks. thats good news as I have a feeling i wont be able to get it solved with the help desk
Even better news now --- not only did I just get another eight notifications, but two of them were for PMs.  One from the new/test forum and one from this current soon-to-be former forum.  However, neither PM had a popup when I went to the forum.  And it appears that the email for the PM on the new/test forum, which was timestampted 1:38pm (my time) was for a PM that was posted at 9:28am.  So it would appear that something is choking your hosting server's outgoing queue.
Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 08:00:51 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki