Author Topic: Email notifications are not sent since yesterday  (Read 12792 times)

AvikB

notifications working properly for me as of now. It may be resolved

phred

• Global Moderator
Email notifications are working but there's still no popup for new PMs when logging in.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

AvikB

Email notifications are working but there's still no popup for new PMs when logging in.

Did you ever get any popup notification after steven upgraded the current forum??
Also do you get popup notification on the new forum?

phred

• Global Moderator
Did you ever get any popup notification after steven upgraded the current forum??
Also do you get popup notification on the new forum?
Definitely no popup notification on the current forum since the update to SMF 2.x.
I -think- I received one popup on the new/test forum, but nothing since.  Please send me a PM on the new forum and I'll report back.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

AvikB

Definitely no popup notification on the current forum since the update to SMF 2.x.
I -think- I received one popup on the new/test forum, but nothing since.  Please send me a PM on the new forum and I'll report back.
PM sent on the new forum, let me know.

phred

• Global Moderator
PM sent on the new forum, let me know.
I received an email that there was a new PM.  When I went to the new website, there was a "1" in the top header.  When I went to the forum there was no popup and the only way I could figure out how to see the PM was to click on the "1"

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

AvikB

I received an email that there was a new PM.  When I went to the new website, there was a "1" in the top header.  When I went to the forum there was no popup and the only way I could figure out how to see the PM was to click on the "1"
Sent me a PM on the demo forum, i have enabled popup notification, i might be able to debug it.

phred

• Global Moderator
Sent me a PM on the demo forum, i have enabled popup notification, i might be able to debug it.
Done.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

AvikB

Done.

I got the popup.

I think the problem is your browser. Check if it is blocking popups or not. You might wanna whitelist musicbee domain for popups.

Steven

• Administrator

phred

• Global Moderator
I think the problem is your browser. Check if it is blocking popups or not. You might wanna whitelist musicbee domain for popups.
I have had the MB domain white-listed for many years.  But send me another PM and I'll try a different browser.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

AvikB

I have had the MB domain white-listed for many years.  But send me another PM and I'll try a different browser.

done, i use opera(the new chromium based) it works there, can you send another few pms, i will try firefox and ie

AvikB

i had one rejected email for AvikB this morning

What do you mean by rejected? did it end up in spam folder?

Steven

• Administrator
the rejection reason is your email address: avikBdemo@(...you know the rest) does not exist

phred

• Global Moderator

done, i use opera(the new chromium based) it works there, can you send another few pms, i will try firefox and ie
Okay, I think I figured out the problem but it needs a few more tests to confirm.  And it may be the reason why I don't get PM popup notices on this forum also.
I never log out of the MB forum.  Nor the test forum.  If I log out, and then back in, I get the popup.  This was not the behavior with SFM 1.x.   Can someone please send me a test PM on both this forum and the test forum?  That should pretty much let me confirm the reason for no popups.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki