Author Topic: 3 Questions about musicBee  (Read 1760 times)

Russellc

Ok, I have my first player, MusicBee up and running, have learned that it can be pointed to a NAS system to play what is on there.  I have 3 more questions:

1. Can I burn what I have on MusicBee  to the NAS or must I re-rip it all to the NAS?

2. If I get a new computer, can I transfer the whole MusicBee and music  on my current computer to said new computer, or must I download the player to new computer and then re rip all the CDs to it?

3. Can I burn what is on my MusicBee  to a CD blank?

Yes, I am really new to all this computer music stuff!

Thanks,

Russellc
Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 08:19:42 PM by Russellc

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
1) if you have music you've ripped from CD with MusicBee, you can move it anywhere you want. The easiest way to do this so that MusicBee doesn't lose track of it us to select the tracks, right click, and use send to > folder (move) > move files to organized folder.

2) you will probably want to reinstall MusicBee on a new computer, but you can transfer all your settings and files.  See this page for help: musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Backup_%26_Restore

3) yes, MusicBee can burn audio cds (the normal kind that any CD player can use) and also data cds (which most computers and some cd players can read)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Russellc

Well it all sounded good, but it is apparently beyond me.  Cant figure out how to burn a CD from my library, or play off of a NAS system, and the description on the link concerning moving my files to another computer is way over my head computerwise.  Is there somewhere that these processes are dumbed down somewhat?

Quite a learning curve for an analog guy, but I am keeping my nose to the grindstone!

Russellc