Author Topic: Phred on the Lookout  (Read 34401 times)

sveakul

OK phred I finished the sparse mods I did and the result is here (SHA-256 hash should be 6CD5DA8ED7AF6090FACB1F9D5395BC73AAFD8DD947DFDD8317ED0AF7CA305AF3 for the zip):

https://ufile.io/xmbru1jq

I was able to darken the blue text on the tabs and the "MusicBee" upper left logo to match the one on the control bar, and also if one has tool buttons on the toolbar made those a bit more defined without losing the scheme of the original subdued background.  For the latter I had to add a new element, <element id="CaptionBar.CommandButtonOverride" bg="205,220,237" fg="106,150,228" /> .

It's easy to get carried away and change too many things and end up with a mess instead of the reason you liked the skin in the first place, so I just did the few that first caught my eye.  I switch to this skin when I'm tired of "goth & dark" and want some "light and fresh" .  Thanks for making it available in the first place!

P.S,  I first tried uploading to "filebin.net," and the result came back not matching the hash and flagged by Defender so who knows what ended up in there!!  Avoid it like the plague.  This ufile.io place produced a clean result despite the "busy/pushy" nature of the site.  Moral of the story is always post/confirm hash results on these sites.

Edit:  Modified from original upload to contain a better match for an "Artwork Not Found" scenario
Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 10:17:56 PM by sveakul

phred

• Global Moderator
I was able to darken the blue text on the tabs and ...
Looks good.
Congratulations on your first modified skin. From here you'll be creating new ones from scratch in no time.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
Minor update.
Nov 20 2021 - made text on tabs a slightly bluer blue to improve legibility (thanks to sveakul)

Active and inactive tabs are now a bluer blue.

Link in first post has been updated.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here