Author Topic: Problem with Auto-DJ and Last.fm using Tracks by Artists Similarity  (Read 2447 times)

barthawk

I have been using MusicBee for a while and I really like it.  I think the Auto-DJ feature is the best auto playlist generating software I have used.

Lately I have been having a problem when I select the "Only Include 'Tracks by Artists' rated by last.fm as more than xx% similar".  No matter what I set the percentage to, no tracks are found.  If I use the 'Tracks' as opposed to the 'Tracks by Artists' then it works fine. I don't change any other option in the Auto-DJ window, so it appears just to be this one option.

I'm wondering if there has been some change in the way that last.fm reports artist similarity that has caused this feature to break. 

Thanks for the great music player.

Bart

Steven

• Administrator
its still working fine for me
in the AppData\MusicBee\InternalCache\ArtistData folder there will be a bunch of files named "<Artist>.similar.dat"
check that they exist and have more than 0 bytes. If they do have 0 bytes then delete them and MB will recreate the cache

barthawk

Thanks for the quick reply Steven,

There were a couple of files with 0 bytes and I deleted them, but it still didn't work.  So I deleted all the files and now things seem to be working.

Bart

madzi

I know this is an old thread but i have recently experienced this problem and used the solution provided. What i would like to know is if there has been a more permanent solution that does not include deleting these files. I have been using Musicbee for quite a while now and the problem first occurred beginning of June this year and has now happened for the second time today.

Steven

• Administrator
update to v3.3 from the first forum topic as last.fm is now unreliable using older MB versions