Author Topic: CD Rip Auto-Complete  (Read 2363 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Auto-complete suggestions pop-up when using the Tag Editor.  I would like to see the same behavior on the Rip CD screen.  Yes, when ripping a CD the fields are often auto-populated based on the data found in freedb but it isn't always correct.  And even when it is correct, sometimes it's not consistent with the way I tag things.  Having the auto-complete pop-up will help keep things consistent in the Library and will also prevent me from having A Cappella spelled three different ways.
Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:07:41 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
+1
Steven has recently stated that auto-complete will be available for all fields in the Tag Editor in v3.4 (currently in alpha.) I don't know if he's included it with the CD Rip dialog.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

fournier

Steven has recently stated that auto-complete will be available for all fields in the Tag Editor in v3.4 (currently in alpha.) I don't know if he's included it with the CD Rip dialog.

Thank you for the information! I tried ripping a CD with MusicBee v3.4 alpha and the auto-completion is not available in the CD rip dialog. I will try again when beta version becomes available.