Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Out of Memory error with 20Gb of free ram  (Read 5735 times)

presley82

Hi
I'm running W10 x64, 24Gb Ram and recently on 5th Dec MB started crashing randomly. It's just stopping playback, and I need to kill it from task mgr. I was checking App logs and there are some OOM and System.TypeInitializationException errors being reported. I'll paste macros from last crash:

Out of Memory:

07/12/2015 10:41:36 - 10.0.10586.0 - 2.5.5804.26036 - System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at #=qP79FiVI5FhccbKAh7Z2Q0lNC2GNMYO8FmC1S8zUAISg=.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs #=qxI_2f08dCPuSaGu9DGUG6w==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=q2nBjYOTrTeaMjjog3pLrCfPGUcmOc_frEMQeYCouXSTSzBGNTb4Y0GCb87tnRn41.WndProc(Message& #=q9a9CZUTlPXTzRCMLIMkRNA==)
   at #=qP79FiVI5FhccbKAh7Z2Q0lNC2GNMYO8FmC1S8zUAISg=.WndProc(Message& #=qTKDo420C4Orxixs6kM60XA==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Runtime:

07/12/2015 10:40:21 - 10.0.10586.0 - 2.5.5804.26036 - System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawRectangle(Pen pen, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintException(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I was digging to get some crash reports and found only few entries that sometimes OOM was caused by skinns, havn't noticed anything in dump file but just as a precaution I've changed my Dark FT Gunmetal to Dark FT Orange.
I've rescanned my music directory just in case if some files were removed to exclude IO of HDD.

Will be grateful for any help

...peace
Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:34:23 PM by phred

Steven

• Administrator

presley82

I might try it, why not.
But thing is I would rather like to get some analytical advice what could cause the crash and point how to avoid it before I reinstall the app.

V3 skin itself is nice but I would strongly suggest to make it Black/Black/Grey instead of White - don't have anything against it, but just prefer dark themes - it's not blinding U at night, when app is launched and left on screen on 2nd monitor, just my few cents*

Anyway I'll keep it day or 2 to see will it crash or no. If no definitely will be opting to have it Black/dark Grey colour scheme.

presley82

I like to keep things as simple as possible, that's how my MB layout looks like:

http://1drv.ms/1IPj5t0

simplicity in a clean form*

phred

• Global Moderator
I might try it, why not.
But thing is I would rather like to get some analytical advice what could cause the crash and point how to avoid it before I reinstall the app.
There's nothing to install/reinstall.  Download v3 from the link Steven posted and unzip it directly into your current MB folder.  Set it up as you wish and it will not change anything with your v2 setup.

V3 skin itself is nice but I would strongly suggest to make it Black/Black/Grey instead of White - don't have anything against it, but just prefer dark themes - it's not blinding U at night, when app is launched and left on screen on 2nd monitor, just my few cents*
You obviously know that skins exist for MB as your screenshot shows one in use that you like.  Just apply that skin to v3 and see how it looks.. You may be happily surprised.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

presley82

Thing is it doesn't look like MB issue itself, because it started happening last week, and became annoying just recently. I went through log files but couldn't see anything strange. Preferably I would like to solve the issue instead avoiding it by trying beta regardless do I like it or not. Program performed faultlessly since I found it, went smoothly through w7 to w10 upgrade and was stable till last week +/- few days. There have to be some conflict somewhere, so I'll be stubborn and will try to debug it correctly.
So far latest update didn't work, as well as complete reinstallation with registry wipeout + App Data MB removal. Now it's freshly reinstalled and was working fine about 40min, and crashed.
So I've checked w10 updates and unistalled last 2 KB's (KB3122947 & KB3116908), prior to those previous was acquired on 27/11 and 20/11 - I left those as I think MB wasn't crashing then. Will see how it goes. What's more for now I defer win updates, so only security patches will be installed. So far it's working fine 20min without crashing, will see what's gonna happen. Will post progress in the evening.

...peace

presley82

Looks like issue sorted, since those 2 KB's were uninstalled it's working without crashing. Will be monitoring the situation but so far it's working as it used in the past.

presley82

MB* is running smoothly without crashing for about 4.5 hrs now, so i think I'm sorted. I've found root cause of instability. If anything change won't forget to post some info. Post might be marked as resolved.

...peace lads
Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 07:34:59 PM by phred

Steven

• Administrator
thanks for posting this information as it will be helpful for other users with the same problem.
Its a shame microsoft now obscures the changes it makes with the windows patches

presley82

I've sent them feedback with description of the error, gave them my email, so will see does anybody respond. Time will tell
Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 10:39:26 PM by presley82