Author Topic: Add silence  (Read 2571 times)

lyttol

I'm running version 2.5.5 and the add silence does not work consistently, for some files it just doesn't add the silence and skips to the next tracks. This is a showstopper for me literally, as I am a tango DJ. I will have to go in and manually add a 2 second silence track between every song in my playlist... Please help!

lyttol

Further to my previous post, I have been trying to get the functionality I need using a winamp output plugin, but the only winamp plugin I find that does what I need (add silence between tracks) is gen_paus.dll which is a "general" plugin, not an "output" plugin, and so I can't import it into musicbee.

It would be an enormous help to be able to use this plugin untill a new version of musicbee fixes the intermittent failing of the add silence option...

phred

• Global Moderator
Further to my previous post, I have been trying to get the functionality I need using a winamp output plugin, but the only winamp plugin I find that does what I need (add silence between tracks) is gen_paus.dll which is a "general" plugin, not an "output" plugin, and so I can't import it into musicbee.

It would be an enormous help to be able to use this plugin untill a new version of musicbee fixes the intermittent failing of the add silence option...
If I recall correctly Steven recently stated that MB can only use WinAmp DSP pluglins.  There is, and won't be, anything else.  If I'm misstating this, I'm sure Steven, or someone else will offer up a clarification.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
I'm running version 2.5.5 and the add silence does not work consistently, for some files it just doesn't add the silence and skips to the next tracks.
its no good just making a claim that something doesnt work in some cases. Unless you can identify the circumstances it doesnt work i doubt i would be able to do anything about it

milLR

it happends everytime when a MP3 file follows a Flac file

milLR

Steven, Are you planning to solve this issue et some point of time or not ?

Steven

• Administrator
try the v3.5 patch version as there was an issue adding silence when sample rates change
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

milLR

Thanks Steven, a quick check indicates the issue ( existing from well older than 3.5) is now solved. I really appreciate. thank you.