Author Topic: fiio X1 can't synchronize successfully  (Read 4063 times)

MichaelMusic

I am having difficulty with the fiio player being able to sync successfully with MusicBee WMA ripped files.  After the sync, in the fiio player interface, it will just stop after processing a few hundred songs with no indication where it is failing. 

I'm down to re-ripping my collection with another ripping only software which works fine via a simple copy to the fiio (I've tried that too with the MusicBee output, copying over just a few albums, which work, but adding additional files creates the same issue). 

I assume the card is good as a previous player's internal sync software (Sony) had no issue with my full collection. 

I like the software and would like to use it, as well as not having to re-rip everything.

phred

• Global Moderator
I am having difficulty with the fiio player being able to sync successfully with MusicBee WMA ripped files.  After the sync, in the fiio player interface, it will just stop after processing a few hundred songs with no indication where it is failing. 
This implies that MB completes the sync and that your X1 stops.  Is that correct?  That sounds to me like the problem could very well be with the device and not MB.  Could you post a screen shot of MB's device settings?  http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Posting_Screenshots
Also, what version of MB are you using?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

MichaelMusic

Hi:  The Fiio is hooked up via USB and the sync is performed successfully to it in MusicBee.  Unhook the Fiio from the laptop, and try and "update Media lib" on the Fiio, and it fails consistently (tried reformatting several times).

MusicBee version is 2.5.5804 under Windows 10 Enterprise.  Fiio has the latest firmware.

Not sure what MuiscBee configuration screens would be useful.  I made no changes from the defaults except for the output to WMA on the ripping screen.

I've ripped about 1,000 tracks using Fairstars software without syncing issues. 

Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
to me that sounds like an issue with your device. But if you are having problems with it i wont be able to spend any time investigating so i would recommend using other software for the task. MediaMonkey might be worth a try