Author Topic: New User - Encoding failed  (Read 7212 times)

ronusmc

I'm a new user, all my CDs fail and show "Encoding Failed" message. One was even playing back while displaying the error message. What did I miss?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Did you install the mp3 endcoder? (See the FAQ for more info)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ronusmc

I downloaded the zip file. Copied it to the MusicBee/Codec folder: That didn't help. I then opened the downloaded fie in the MusicBee/codec folder. That didn't work. I then executed the Lame.exe file in the MusicBee/ Codec folder and that didn't work either. One thing I didn't do was unzip the zip file, but I haven't  had to do that in 5 - 10 years, it has been automatic.

ronusmc

Another quick question, is there an instruction manual somewhere?

hiccup

From your starting post, should I derive that you are trying to rip a cd?

If so, have you followed the link which is in psychoadept's signature, and followed the steps which are explained on that subject?

hiccup

So you also did exactly this: "copy lame.exe to the Codec sub-folder where MusicBee is installed"

I am asking since your comments about what you do with compressed files confuses me.

ronusmc

Sorry, I became an engineer because I sucked in English in High School. I copied the File lame3.99.5-64, the zipped file, into folder Program Files (x86) > Musicbee > Codec. I then extracted the files from it. The Codec folder now contains the files: flac, Lame, mpcenc, oggenc2, takc, and wavpack. All are application type files.

hiccup

That seems o.k.
When in MusicBee you go to the menu, > Edit > Preferences, and then select the tab 'File Converters' on the left side, you should be able to check 'MP3 enabled'.

If you can't select it, and you don't see 'lame.exe' as in this screenshot, press the little button on the right, and find the lame.exe you have extracted in the folder: Program Files (x86) > Musicbee > Codec

PS,
I am outta here for today. If this doesn't solve it, of course anybody else is welcome to jump in...
Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:16:51 PM by hiccup

ronusmc

I reached the point in the process "Where a miracle occurs." It started working yesterday without me messing with it. I did have some screens behind my browser and one of them must have been interfering. Thanks for all the help. Hopefully when I upgrade to Windows 10 it won't come crashing down. Thanks again.