Author Topic: Songs not starting from the beginning.  (Read 5132 times)

blaholtzen

Some of the tracks in my playlist for some reason start at random points into the song instead of from the begining, this is wihtout chanign tracks or clicking anything. When one song ends the next one might decide to start 30 seconds in. Its not the track itself thats cut off, i can replay it from the start, and it done't seem to happen to any files specifically.

What might cause this? corrupted files? The program itself? Is it a setting? Cause I don't understand why anyone would want that to happen...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Do any of the problem tracks have "remember playback position" ticked in the Settings panel of the Tag Editor?

See here if you're not sure what I mean: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Tagging#Settings
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
also make sure "skip starting and ending silence" in the player preferences is unticked

blaholtzen

"remember playback position" seems to be it, I guess I'll have a look at the track settings when and if it happens again. Thanks a lot!

Btw, anyone know how this setting might have been ticked to begin with? I'm sure I haven't toughed any settings manually

Steven

• Administrator
that setting is applied by default when files are moved into audio-books or podcasts

blaholtzen

Oh, and one last question, is there any way to quickly untick this setting for multiple files? turns out a lot of files made their way into that podcast thing

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Oh, and one last question, is there any way to quickly untick this setting for multiple files? turns out a lot of files made their way into that podcast thing

You can select multiple files and change them all at once.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)