Author Topic: MB does not check for / remove updated or missing files  (Read 2526 times)

itgeek8088

My MB library reports that I have xxx,684 files when in reality I have xxx,199. In the library preferences I have "on startup check for updated or missing files" checked. I have continuously monitor checked. I am not auto-organizing. When I start MB it is not updating/removing missing files. I have also tried to rescan all files but MB still reports the the incorrect number of files and does not update the library.

Am I doing something wrong? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Steven

• Administrator
MB splits files with cuesheets (embeded or external) into virtual files is the most likely reason MB reports more files than you expect.
as to MB not updating files in the MB database, it should do with that setting as long as the file update time has changed as seen in windows explorer. That function is widely used so i would be surprised if there was a bug.
If you have a large number of files, it can take a minute or two. V3 is much faster in that regard

itgeek8088

it seems to work with a smaller number of records [5,500] is there a max record number limit or directory size limit?