Author Topic: Cannot see song information from songs on network drive  (Read 3385 times)

braveally

I recently migrated all of my music to a shared network drive. It's a WD My Cloud if that makes a difference. I added the songs from the cloud drive but they all show up blank with no information. When I play the song, I see the information on the now playing bar. How can I have the songs populate with all of their information visible?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

If MB can't find tags, it generally substitutes the filename.  Is it doing that?  If not, can you provide a screenshot of where you're seeing blank spaces that should have info in them?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

braveally

Hi, welcome to the forum!

If MB can't find tags, it generally substitutes the filename.  Is it doing that?  If not, can you provide a screenshot of where you're seeing blank spaces that should have info in them?

It is substituting with the file name. It shows song information for roughly 50% of my library. I did a rescan to add all the blank tracks to the inbox. They are all located on the same network share. Check the picture out. What can I do to resolve this? I (like many others) am super anal about my song info. Everything has full tags and pictures, etc.

Steven

• Administrator
you dont say which version of MB you are using. I suggest you update to the latest one on the downloads page which was released last week and fixed a bug with reading tags for mp3 files in some cases.
You would need to rescan the affected files (right click/ send to/ rescan file)
if you still have a problem then PM me a link to one of the files so i can see what is happening

braveally

Version 2.5.5804. I just recovered the system and installed Music Bee yesterday.

braveally

I have resolved my issue. I had to rebuild the twonky database, I think it was corrupted somehow. I see all data now.