Author Topic: Non existent author in thumbnails browser that made MB crash  (Read 4594 times)

Ansem

hi, after that i updated to the latest release, I found that this error is appeared again.
There is a fake author with a infinite name, and if I click on it musicbee istantly crash.
Here's an image with the problem:

Can someone help me to remove it? I can't click in any way on it, and I don't have any folder with that name in my library, not even hidden.

Pingaware

Do you have any other files with tags containing the word 'Soundminer'? If not, try searching for that across all tags - it's possible there's a hidden tag that MB can show you if you open the file in Tag Inspector.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Ansem

you mean something like that?

I searched that word and i found only this :(
I deleted totally that line, than restarted MB, but still I have that folder.
Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:28:58 AM by Ansem

Pingaware

Did you look at the tags in Tag Inspector (which you open with a button at the top of the Tag Editor)?

hiccup

Did you look at the tags in Tag Inspector (which you open with a button at the top of the Tag Editor)?

That.

And
- Can you right-click 'it', and select: Search > Locate in Windows Explorer?
- Have you (had) some less common audio software that might using this 'audiominer'? Maybe sound-effects software? (I see some references to that when I google this)
- Are your music tracks located in a dedicated folder? On C: or on an other drive?

Ansem

I tryed to select all my songs and use tag inspector, but it tell me that they must use the same tag format :( so I used Tagging tools _< search and replace, looking in any camp.

- Can you right-click 'it', and select: Search > Locate in Windows Explorer?
- Have you (had) some less common audio software that might using this 'audiominer'? Maybe sound-effects software? (I see some references to that when I google this)
- Are your music tracks located in a dedicated folder? On C: or on an other drive?
1) yes it is in the right folder
2) this song was gave me by one my friend
3) yes, I let MB organize my library.

Pingaware

Just look at the tags in tag inspector for that one song. And if that still fails, I'll have a quick look at it if you PM it to me.

Ansem

Yes, it has mix artist -> TPE4-> that infinite string. how can I delete it? :/
and also in Remixed.
I deleted both of them and now it's fine :D
Apart that i have [empy] in the artist, but at least it doesn't crash anymore
Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:48:59 PM by Ansem

Steven

• Administrator
if you still have a copy of the original file before you edited it i would be interested to look at it