Author Topic: may i know if musicbee creates suck keys?  (Read 2868 times)

gaia

Hi

may i know if musicbee creates these keys ?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing\MusicBee_RASAPI32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing\MusicBee_RASMANCS

i run it under windows 10 pro 64bit ,portable version
i use the portable version because at work i can install programs

thanks

hiccup

Welcome to the forum gaia.

I just checked a PC on which I have Win 10 Pro x64, and MusicBee portable running, and those registry entries are not present.

Steven

• Administrator
those are not created by musicbee. i expect its windows itself or some other utility
The only registry keys created by musicbee are when you optionally enable the right click context menu to be integrated into windows explorer

gaia

Welcome to the forum gaia.

I just checked a PC on which I have Win 10 Pro x64, and MusicBee portable running, and those registry entries are not present.
hi
thanks a lot for the Welcome :)

have you tried to run as administrator muscibee.exe ?
and it will create these keys , i enabled left cover in the preferences
thanks

gaia

those are not created by musicbee. i expect its windows itself or some other utility
The only registry keys created by musicbee are when you optionally enable the right click context menu to be integrated into windows explorer
hi
i used a regscanner ,by the way i don't know why but it creates a temp about 8mb file C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp
thanks

hiccup

have you tried to run as administrator muscibee.exe ?
and it will create these keys , i enabled left cover in the preferences

I don't understand why would you want to run the portable version as administrator?
If you are indeed using MusicBee at a work computer you should not even be allowed to do that in the first place.
Are you very sure you are using the portable version?

gaia

I don't understand why would you want to run the portable version as administrator?
If you are indeed using MusicBee at a work computer you should not even be allowed to do that in the first place.
Are you very sure you are using the portable version?
hi
I guess so http://www.mediafire.com/download/63m91xq79jtk70f/MusicBeePortable_2_5_update1.zip
well i tried at home , i run as administrator and i got these keys

have you tried to run as administrator?
thanks

Steven

• Administrator
your question has already been answered. MusicBee does not create those keys. Try googling and you will find info about those keys.
Irrespective of the keys issue, there is no need to install the portable version of MB as an admin