Author Topic: Logitech Keyboard Media buttons not working with MusicBee  (Read 5456 times)

corb06

I have the Solar K750 keyboard with latest Logitech setpoint software installed. However the media Keys cant operate MusicBee. It works great with other players like Winamp and MediaMonkey.

Is this a MusicBee error or should I contact Logitech support?

Using latest MusicBee 2.5 and Windows 10.

Steven

• Administrator
search the forum as i know this has come up a number of times and i am pretty sure there is a solution thats been posted

patrickhealy

I'll fire this back up. I have a Logitech K350 and the media buttons stopped working with the latest 3.1 update. My volume and mute still work (that's a function of the audio card) but the play/pause, skip forward, go back buttons no longer control MusicBee. They've always worked beautifully as far back as I can remember.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I'm curious. If you place a portable version of MB on a flash drive and run it on this computer, do the media keys work?
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

patrickhealy

The portable version is interesting indeed but all of my historical play info is already in this install and it's been accumulating for years....

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
It's not a solution, it's troubleshooting that won't affect your current install in any way. The goal is to determine if the issue is with your specific installation of MB. Since the cause of the error is not determined, any proposed solution would be pure guesswork. In this case, you know other apps can receive media key presses; so I've proposed testing to determine if this is a problem affecting your specific MB installation or MB in general on your computer.

The root of the issue may be with how the key presses are being handled by Windows. If you look at this message, you'll see that that user was able to get MB to respond to media key presses by opening Spotify at the same time. This strongly suggests that other installed applications can affect where Windows is sending the commands.

Another user found that tweaking a setting inexplicably remedied the situation.

The bottom line is that MB isn't broken, most Logitech users have no issue. The problem is that media key commands are not being received by your installation of MB. If you don't attempt to find out why, the issue will never be resolved. Everyone posting here is a volunteer, MB is free. We're spending our time to assist you, please make good use of that time.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

patrickhealy

After sitting on this for a few more days Microsoft came out with an update that appears to have fixes this issue for me. I can't explain it but no configurations were touched, musicbee stopped responding to those buttons, MS update came out, and the buttons started working again.

I appreciate the dialog.

GermanKiwi

I'm now experiencing this problem too. I've got a brand-new Logitech K540 keyboard (released by Logitech just a couple of monthe ago), and I'm using the Logitech Options software, not the SetPoint software. And I have the latest build of Windows 10.

The mute and volume hotkeys on the keyboard work fine with Logitech, but when I push the previous, next or play/pause buttons, it acts like I've pushed them twice. So the song will jump back or forward two tracks when I push the previous or next button, and when I push the play/pause button the music will briefly pause for a split second, then play again. As though I were pushing the button twice.

Any ideas why this is happening?

lux1o

do you resolve the problem?

I'm now experiencing this problem too

thanks

toast-gear

Nothing to add beyond I am also bumping into this, reporting it more for posterity's sake than anything:

Tried MusicBee versions 3.4.8033 and upgrading to 3.5.8384 (from https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=36464.0). Running Windows 10 (pre 22H2 update). Recently started using MediaBee again after many years, I can't be sure but I think it used to work with this keyboard many years ago.

All controls work when focused on the app, when unfocused play/pause, forward and backward don't work but volume controls continue to work.

Haven't found a fix yet for myself.

EDIT I thought this was a thread for the TK820 but the original poster had another logitech keyboard having re-read it, regardless the problem is identical to what I'm experiencing with my TK820 keyboard
Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 11:19:04 PM by toast-gear

The Incredible Boom Boom

Nothing to add beyond I am also bumping into this, reporting it more for posterity's sake than anything:

Tried MusicBee versions 3.4.8033 and upgrading to 3.5.8384 (from https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=36464.0). Running Windows 10 (pre 22H2 update). Recently started using MediaBee again after many years, I can't be sure but I think it used to work with this keyboard many years ago.

All controls work when focused on the app, when unfocused play/pause, forward and backward don't work but volume controls continue to work.

Haven't found a fix yet for myself.

EDIT I thought this was a thread for the TK820 but the original poster had another logitech keyboard having re-read it, regardless the problem is identical to what I'm experiencing with my TK820 keyboard

I'm not at all sure if this will help, but have you tried the Media Control Overlay plugin?

toast-gear

I'm not at all sure if this will help, but have you tried the Media Control Overlay plugin?

I hadn't tried this nor did I know there was a plugin system to be honest. This seems to have fixed the problem for me amazingly. I'm surprised this is something in a plugin and not incorporated into the main application itself at this point.

Thanks a bunch for the suggestion The Incredible Boom Boom!

Pirana

Also experiencing these problems sadly. Logitech K280e - volume keys do not work, but play/pause button does. The Media Control Overlay plugin didn't help, but most likely that's because I'm using Win 11.

EDIT: Apologies - I found out this only happens when the NVIDIA Broadcast app is open, so this might not be MusicBee's fault exactly...
Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 09:55:08 PM by Pirana