Author Topic: Having one hell of a time adding my library in Music Bee.  (Read 4576 times)

xyzygy

I don't know what it is about Music Bee but it's just not working with my songs. I have about 16,000 songs on my external, and It is the only location set for where to look for music. However, some of my library rests within the Inbox location while the rest is in Music. I tried to manually select and move the files from Inbox to Music and that only moves those files from the external drive onto my main SSD, and I don't want that. I want MusicBee to see all my files on my external and simply play from there, because my whole collection is larger than the SDD on my laptop. The Send To function does the same thing, moves the files themselves from my external to the SSD.

And even then, not even all of my files are being seen by Music and Inbox. I tried the add/rescan files option from the File menu, but it says that everything is currently there when it isn't. Please help!

As it stands right now, I have to use Groove player because it's the only one of the two that seems to be able to correctly handle my library. Unfortunately it doesn't have Last.fm support yet, so that's why I wanted to use MusicBee...
Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:16:06 PM by xyzygy

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Do you have the auto-organize feature enabled in Preferences > Library?  Or "automatically sweep and organize new files"?  Those are the only features that would cause files to be moved to unwanted places, if not configured correctly.

This might help with missing files: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#Files_and_Organization

If none of the suggestions there help, please let us know.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

xyzygy

I have no filters applied, I do not have any organization checked, the size for excluding songs is default at 20kb. I just need to get my songs from the Inbox to my Music section. I don't understand the purpose of the Inbox, it's just splitting up my library unnecessarily. I don't want to move the actual files around, I just want the files to all be visually aggregated in one spot within MusicBee so my entire library is there.

Pingaware

Right click on all the files in the Inbox. Select "Send To>Music Library". That should be all there is to it.

There is lots of suggestions for Inbox use on the forum if you want ideas as to what you'd use it for. Many long term members here now wouldn't live without it.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Bigmelwalter

Right click on all the files in the Inbox. Select "Send To>Music Library". That should be all there is to it.

There is lots of suggestions for Inbox use on the forum if you want ideas as to what you'd use it for. Many long term members here now wouldn't live without it.

Exactly, I use Inbox for tracks/albums that I haven't added tags or cover too. Once all is in place then it goes to my library. It's very useful

twobitcoder

Thanks for this thread, helpful. I found an additional setting that solves the Inbox problem for those not used to it (myself).

Edit -> Preferences -> Library -> new file action -> add to library (default is add to inbox)

MusicBee is insanely complicated, but there is literally nothing but crap software out there--I've spent a dozen hours trying to find Windows music software that works without being unbelievably STUPID (like Groove Music, iTunes, WMP, and a dozen other apps).

Another setting I found that's helpful is, General settings, change the minimize to Compact Player. (I was tired of using the view menu for this). Also a setting for the tray icon, you can set it to do several things.

hiccup

MusicBee is insanely complicated, but there is literally nothing but crap software out there--I've spent a dozen hours trying to find Windows music software that works without being unbelievably STUPID (like Groove Music, iTunes, WMP, and a dozen other apps).

Welcome to the forum twobitcoder.

Hopefully by "insanely complicated" you actually meant something like "the plethora of possibilties to tune MusicBee to your own liking is mind goggling'.
Yes, of course it will take some time and effort to learn and use any advanced tool.
If you really believe it is too complicated, and have some useful input and suggestions to simplify it, without loosing the possibilties to achieve almost anything you could wish for in a music player/manager, you certainly have come to the right place to share it...