Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 551394 times)

hiccup

I think I figured it out.
The boxes are probably placeholders for indicators that show links the user has made available for e.g. communication:

These icons are probably just not activated or available on our forum for some reason.

phred

• Global Moderator
I think I figured it out.
The boxes are probably placeholders for indicators that show links the user has made available for e.g. communication:
These icons are probably just not activated or available on our forum for some reason.
Hmmm ... I'm not so sure I buy that. Why would there be a different number of boxes? If the "feature" is disabled, and the boxes are placeholders, then the number of boxes for each user would (should) be the same.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

I'm not so sure I buy that. Why would there be a different number of boxes? If the "feature" is disabled, and the boxes are placeholders, then the number of boxes for each user would (should) be the same.

frankz

I don't think that's it.  I typed 123456 into the ICQ box in my profile and I still have one box and now and ICQ icon.

phred

• Global Moderator
Years of membership?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sveakul

Maybe I'm being too simplistic here, but if we're talking about why certain number of boxes appear, my understanding has always been that they change to a fixed amount when a user's membership category changes, which happens when they have made a certain amount of posts.  For example "Newbie" gets and stays at one box until their post quantity increases to the next category ("Jr. Member"?) at which time they get 2 boxes, then 3 at the Senior level, etc.  I don't think there's any more to it than that, just a visual representation of forum activity level.  Moderators and Steven get unique colors and maxed boxes due to their role here and to quickly identify their posts in a thread.  If it wasn't past April 1st I'd think we were just joshin'.

frankz

Maybe I'm being too simplistic here, but if we're talking about why certain number of boxes appear, my understanding has always been that they change to a fixed amount when a user's membership category changes, which happens when they have made a certain amount of posts.
I think that's why the question came up, because apparently not:
hiccup's image from the original inquiry:

hiccup

I think that's why the question came up, because apparently not…
You also only have one star.

It can't be related to post count:

hiccup

Ah, and I now see the icq icon too.
It's at a different location than the mystery squares, so they are not some indicator of available options to communicate withe the user either.

sveakul

I know the three Editors ended up with one box when the "Editor" status got added--my take on that is that no real "posting category" exists at this point for that status so we all got knocked down to a default.  My own prefs are that we get all our boxes back, haha..

hiccup

I know the three Editors ended up with one box when the "Editor" status got added--my take on that is that no real "posting category" exists at this point for that status so we all got knocked down to a default.  My own prefs are that we get all our boxes back, haha..
You didn't seem to 'know that' when you posted less then an hour ago ;-)
Also, all three editors have made a substantial amount of posts since then.

And, then how do you explain my screenshot two posts back?
44 posts get 2 stars, 29 posts get 5 stars.

frankz

Maybe it starts at 5 and when you get to 0 you're banned for life?  :D

hiccup

Maybe it starts at 5 and when you get to 0 you're banned for life?  :D
Or perhaps some evil mod is taking away stars (blocks) when he doesn't like somebody.

sveakul

And, then how do you explain my screenshot two posts back?
44 posts get 2 stars, 29 posts get 5 stars.

Something is indeed knackered there.