Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 551419 times)

AvikB

The actual code in the panel. (although the title bar could perhaps also be a little bit less loud) And this is for you: (Have it stitched on your jacked, or tattooed on your arm?)

:P  ;D  i will take it  8)

yeah the code font could be a little smaller i suppose. I will do something about it.

hiccup

yeah the code font could be a little smaller i suppose. I will do something about it.

Great!
But perhaps wait a couple of days to see if maybe other members disagree?

AvikB

Great! But perhaps wait a couple of days to see if maybe other members disagree?
It should be fine since i will match the font size of the code to the forum's default text size. Also remove the nasty white border that is bugging me for 4 year.  :-X

hiccup

Also remove the nasty white border that is bugging me for 4 year.  :-X

The white border around the code panel when using the dark theme?
Yes, it is a bit bright, but having a border there is useful I think?
Are you thinking of making it grey? Or perhaps the same colour as the code title bar?
Could be nice.

AvikB

Also remove the nasty white border that is bugging me for 4 year. :-X
The white border around the code panel when using the dark theme? Yes, it is a bit bright, but having a border there is useful I think? Are you thinking of making it grey? Or perhaps the same colour as the code title bar? Could be nice.

It will be grey, distinguishable but not too distracting and feel like a white glowing stick burning my eyes

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks for bringing this up, hiccup. I think it will be more visually appealing.

And thanks and congratulations to AvikB for being on the Quick Response Team.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

Thanks for bringing this up, hiccup. I think it will be more visually appealing.

Yes, and it is functional, since you will see much more of the code since much less (or nothing) will get broken up.

@The Minister of Quick Response:

Another thought popped up in my head:

Is it doable to get the code panel in a post to be dragable to a larger size?

AvikB

Yes, and it is functional, since you will see much more of the code since much less (or nothing) will get broken up.

@The Minister of Quick Response:

Another thought popped up in my head:

Is it doable to get the code panel in a post to be dragable to a larger size?

you mean like this:

hiccup

ok, i will sent this update to steven. Cheers.  8)

Ah! What an improvement!
Thanks again.

But now isn't that white copy icon burning holes in your eyeballs? ;-)
When it's burned into your retina, you will see a 'copy to clipboard' icon on every dark surface you look at.
(hm, maybe a useful function when we turn into cyborgs, I am going to patent it right now)
Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 07:29:49 AM by hiccup

phred

• Global Moderator
Ah! What an improvement!
Thanks AvikB. Looks nice.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

But now isn't that white copy icon burning holes in your eyeballs? ;-)
When it's burned into your retina, you will see a 'copy to clipboard' icon on every dark surface you look at.
(hm, maybe a useful function when we turn into cyborgs, I am going to patent it right now)

I noticed that the light theme still has the larger font?
(not important to me, I never use light, but I thought to mention it)

P.S.
I could try and supply a new copy-to-clipboard icon if you would be interested:

Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 11:01:41 AM by hiccup

AvikB

But now isn't that white copy icon burning holes in your eyeballs? ;-) When it's burned into your retina, you will see a 'copy to clipboard' icon on every dark surface you look at. (hm, maybe a useful function when we turn into cyborgs, I am going to patent it right now)
I noticed that the light theme still has the larger font? (not important to me, I never use light, but I thought to mention it) P.S. I could try and supply a new copy-to-clipboard icon if you would be interested:

oops, i will fix the light theme issue. as for copy icon i like the white icon to make it more contrast-y. But if more user request non white-ish icon then i will do something about it.  ;)