Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 551693 times)

AvikB

Just a thought: when viewing and sorting the forum on recent posts, obviously the posts gets sorted on date of creation. Would it be possible (a good idea?) if they would get sorted on latest edit date? (if edits to the post where made o.c.) Currently it's easy to miss it when somebody made an edit to an existing post, and this could make that a little easier.
Not aware of such inbuilt functions, but i might be wrong, it's been some time since i worked with smf.
But i couldn't find much info on this.

hiccup

boroda

@AvikB, is it possible to move site language chooser from the bottom of the site to the top? i think that for now most users just won't scroll page (especially home page, because it's *very* toll) to the bottom and won't notice language chooser.

hiccup

Calling AvikB, calling AvikB ....

I am trying to create a forum post that in the plain text contains the string: 'open square bracket'sub'close square bracket'
So not as a formatting command for the message, but just as plain text.

So something like this:

Code
[sub]

But if you do that, the forum will (obviously) see it as a formatting command, and will change/add/remove stuff.
(even this post doesn't make it unaltered)

Are you aware of a way to escape this, so I can have: 'open square bracket'sub'close square bracket' as plain text in the post?
Or another trick I can't think of myself?

edit:
hm, maybe write [ sub ], and explain that the spaces should be removed when using it.
Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 12:10:18 PM by hiccup

hiccup

I have tried some more things, but I keep running into serious issues regarding this, and expecting there might be an actual bug causing this.

I can't correctly present the examples on this forum, so I've send you a PM containing all the details.

AvikB

Yeah i did some testing, it is an bug.
However i am not sure if i can fix this. This seems to be tightly integrated into SMF. i will need to dive really deep into SMF code. Which i am not really interested in doing as it can probably make things even worse by breaking stuff or adding more complexity, also honestly SMF code base is huge it is not possible for me with the little time i have currently.

hiccup

Yeah i did some testing, it is an bug.

Thanks for looking into this so quickly.

Please don't waste any further time on this on my account. I'll see how I can adjust the concerning post and it's formulas so it will display o.k. and people will be able to use the formulas anyway.

Chartal

hiccup

You want something like this: [sub]

Code
[nobbc][[/nobbc]sub]

Thanks Chartal!

My eyes are square and watery after what I have put them through today ;-) , but I will certainly try this out soon, and see if I can use it to restore the concerning post to how I originally intended it.
Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 06:24:04 PM by hiccup

hiccup

edit,
Giving that just a little more thought: it probably won't help with the issue at hand, since the forum bug seems to be that it will not always ignore [ sub ] formatting code when it happens to be present in a formula, even when that formula as a whole is surrounded by [ code ] and [ /code ].

And in my particular case it is not only about having [ sub ] as plain text in a post, but that it also occurs in a formula within code.
Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 07:04:56 PM by hiccup

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I just realized that the front page still says Groove Music Support. Not that anybody seems to be getting their hopes up about it, but maybe that should be updated?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

AvikB

I just realized that the front page still says Groove Music Support. Not that anybody seems to be getting their hopes up about it, but maybe that should be updated?

I completely forgot about that.  :-X

Will be removing it this week.

hiccup

Oi AvikB,

Once in a while the question pops up on the forum: 'what skins are those shown on the main page?'
Perhaps a small liner note naming the skin used beneath those screenshots could be helpful?

edit:
Hm, it's over 10 minutes now and still no reply. I hope you are well? ;-)

edit2:
30 minutes and I am getting worried.
Could somebody call someone?
Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 05:06:37 PM by hiccup

AvikB

Oi AvikB, Once in a while the question pops up on the forum: 'what skins are those shown on the main page?' Perhaps a small liner note naming the skin used beneath those screenshots could be helpful? edit: Hm, it's over 10 minutes now and still no reply. I hope you are well? ;-) edit2: 30 minutes and I am getting worried. Could somebody call someone?

I am fine  8)
was just busy with stuff.

hmm thats a good idea, i will add an caption.