Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 551718 times)

hiccup

I have sent you an mail with the update.
Funny, I see that part of my suggestion ended up a bit to literal in the end result. ;-)

Where I wrote [Link], I intended it to be replaced with a relevant and descriptive name/link in case my suggestion was implemented.
Now that it is, maybe replace [Link] with something like: How To Post A Screenshot ?

Since the text that is used right now is rather long already, this might result in too much text for one line.

If so, maybe better make it two lines?:

line 1: NOTE: If your post is about something best explained visually, please consider adding a screenshot to your post.
line 2: Use the 'Insert Image' icon for that. If you need help, click on: How To Post A Screenshot. (And, always use 'Preview' before posting)

(This also reads a bit better than the current one-liner in my opinion)

Note that clicking on 'How To Post A Screenshot' in line 2 should link to: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29488.0
(and note the bold and italic font suggestions)

frankz

I have sent you an mail with the update.
Funny, I see that part of my suggestion ended up a bit to literal in the end result. ;-)

Where I wrote [Link], I intended it to be replaced with a relevant and descriptive name/link in case my suggestion was implemented.
Now that it is, maybe replace [Link] with something like: How To Post A Screenshot ?

Since the text that is used right now is rather long already, this might result in too much text for one line.

If so, maybe better make it two lines?:

line 1: NOTE: If your post is about something best explained visually, please consider adding a screenshot to your post.
line 2: Use the 'Insert Image' icon for that. If you need help, click on: How To Post A Screenshot. (And, always use 'Preview' before posting)

(This also reads a bit better than the current one-liner in my opinion)

Note that clicking on 'How To Post A Screenshot' in line 2 should link to: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29488.0
(and note the bold and italic font suggestions)

It's already 2 lines on my tablet as it is.
On my phone it's 4.
Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 05:27:06 AM by frankz

phred

• Global Moderator
It's already 2 lines on my tablet as it is.
Only my phone it's 4.
Screen width will determine how many lines are being used. I think a line break can be inserted to force two lines, but it would still depend on the user's screen width.

As for hiccup's suggestion, I agree. I don't thing the word [LINK] should be used either. It's not what I expected to see as the end result while we were discussing this. Perhaps make the words "Here's how" contain the link and be clickable.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator

phred

• Global Moderator
Looks good. Now we just hope folks read it and follow the instructions.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Well, I guess thinking people were going to read it was me just being overly optimistic.

How about if the entire box was filled with a red background and white or yellow type?

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29583.0

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

AvikB

Well, I guess thinking people were going to read it was me just being overly optimistic. How about if the entire box was filled with a red background and white or yellow type? https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29583.0

Nah, that won't help. It is hard to educate people. But honestly we all knew putting small line there won't do shit.  :-\

phred

• Global Moderator
Nah, that won't help. It is hard to educate people. But honestly we all knew putting small line there won't do shit.  :-\
You're probably right. It's really too bad, because those of us who supported the idea, and you and Steven who implemented it, really had the best intentions. Thanks for trying.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

frankz

Nah, that won't help. It is hard to educate people. But honestly we all knew putting small line there won't do shit.  :-\
You're probably right. It's really too bad, because those of us who supported the idea, and you and Steven who implemented it, really had the best intentions. Thanks for trying.
At least now we can berate them more effectively.  :D

phred

• Global Moderator
I -still- think the box should stand out more than it does. Red background/white or yellow text. People are simply skipping over it. If the box were red, or some other color it would stand out more and people might actually look at it. Whether or not they read it is another story. But I strongly feel we need to call attention to it. If someone has a better suggestion, let's hear it.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I -still- think the box should stand out more than it does. Red background/white or yellow text. People are simply skipping over it. If the box were red, or some other color it would stand out more and people might actually look at it. Whether or not they read it is another story. But I strongly feel we need to call attention to it. If someone has a better suggestion, let's hear it.

Was pretty easy to miss the warning, at least when using a tablet, not tried on PC yet ???
A red background would defo help!

phred

• Global Moderator
I've made a small change that might help
"Might" being the operative word. I do see the change, but I'm still not convinced. We can only wait and see what happens.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki