Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 551888 times)

AvikB

AvikB, not a big deal, but is it possible to represent topic pages as "1 2 3 4 .. page_before_last_page last_page" instead of current " 1 2 3 4 ... last_page" on board topic list? in general i want to see first the page that is 'before last page' to check that there are no latest comments.
I think it is hardcoded into smf core, and can not be changed easily.

redwing

Search function of SMF forums looks pretty limited. For one thing, can't do case insensitive search.

@Steven:

Can you turn on "Enable simple search" option under Search(Admin)> Search Settings to see if that enables case insensitive search?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=537400.0

Steven

• Administrator

AvikB

New update, for v2.0
This update brings some requested features and improvements overall.
   - Help page will now get the FAQ content directly from WIKIA, which means whenever WIKIA FAQ page gets any update it will reflect that automatically on the main website FAQ page.
   - Addon ownership transfer. which is located under Dashboard > Moderate > Actions >Transfer add-on ownership. Search for the addon by name and put the userid for the new owner and submit. This feature is only reserved for Moderator and Admins.
  - Also Download count will now show in Dashboard > View all add-ons. 

There are other behind the scene changes and optimization.

I am working on revamping some of the aspect on the home page as well.

Test website link: http://test.getmusicbee.com/
Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:25:26 PM by AvikB

AvikB

Can't speak for others, but to me it's very useful info for thinking about how to improve it, etc. If no technical issues here, I'd like to see all counts.
This is implemented on the Beta for v2.0, let me know if any feature you think would be useful or needed.

Steven

• Administrator
  - Addon ownership transfer. which is located under Dashboard > Moderate > Actions >Transfer add-on ownership. Search for the addon by name and put the userid for the new owner and submit. This feature is only reserved for Moderator and Admins.
Step 1 worked fine but for "Step 2: Find the User to Transfer the rights to"
it doesnt accept any user id's i enter (tried hiccup and myself) and the search button doesnt appear to do anything either

redwing

Can't speak for others, but to me it's very useful info for thinking about how to improve it, etc. If no technical issues here, I'd like to see all counts.
This is implemented on the Beta for v2.0, let me know if any feature you think would be useful or needed.

Thanks!

1. Can you implement case-insensitive search? If not, adding google custom search box to somewhere (additionally) might be useful. Try "SSD" and "ssd" with the current search box, and "ssd site:getmusicbee.com" with google and you will get what I mean.

2. How about checking each add-on version and sort recently updated add-ons by version change? Then people could see which add-ons have been updated since they had downloaded.

3. Hope you will change the homepage picture to a more music-related one.

AvikB

Thanks! 1. Can you implement case-insensitive search? If not, adding google custom search box to somewhere (additionally) might be useful. Try "SSD" and "ssd" with the current search box, and "ssd site:getmusicbee.com" with google and you will get what I mean.

If you are talking about forum search, then i am afraid it is not possible without any mods or so.

2. How about checking each add-on version and sort recently updated add-ons by version change? Then people could see which add-ons have been updated since they had downloaded.
There is a recently added and updated addon coming for other add-on pages.

3. Hope you will change the homepage picture to a more music-related one.
I do have some plan for the home page.

redwing

Regarding home menu,
1. "Register" menu would better be located just next to "Login". It's not easy to find when you look for it.
Register button in the navbar Will be implemented in next update.

Not implemented yet.

2. Instead of Register, having "Wiki" & "Latest Patch" (that will jump to the Steven's first forum topic) menu in there would be more useful.

Bump this too. Many users don't seem to know the existence of wiki and the latest patch thread.

redwing

There is a recently added and updated addon coming for other add-on pages.

That'd be great!

AvikB

Register button in the navbar Will be implemented in next update.
Not implemented yet.
Added on my local server. will be available on the next update.

2. Instead of Register, having "Wiki" & "Latest Patch" (that will jump to the Steven's first forum topic) menu in there would be more useful.
Bump this too. Many users don't seem to know the existence of wiki and the latest patch thread.
I already added links to wiki on the download page. I highly doubt adding it as a link on the forum menu will do have any impact. Also it is available under the help menu.

redwing

I already added links to wiki on the download page. I highly doubt adding it as a link on the forum menu will do have any impact. Also it is available under the help menu.

Still I think having a wiki link on the forum menu would be useful. It's like having a permanent bookmark to the wiki. Then while asking and discussing MB's features in the forum people could easily consult the wiki. It's not the same as the links available under other menus.

Steven

• Administrator
Then what about latest patch?
if you are refering to a link on the downloads page to the latest patch, then the functionality is already available for me to configure but i havent enabled it due to concerns about users not understanding its a patch version and not an installer (how many times has it been reported as a bug on the forum even though instructions are provided).
However I might create an installer for the latest patch version once every week or two and if i do that then i could link to that.