Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 551520 times)

AvikB

Only just saw the new site concept and this is incredible, great work everyone! As a header device, I'd say that rather than a stock photo, even a screenshot overlaid on that lovely background gradient would work a treat. That said, there is already a pretty comprehensive assortment of screenshots.

i have updated the home page to reflect some of the feedback, this is not final btw, so give feedbacks. if it gets enough interest i will change from the woman with the headphone to this, otherwise woman with headphone will be used in the final version.

here is the home page to test. if you do not see any changes please refresh the page once more to clear the cache.
http://test.getmusicbee.com/

RealPetChicken

Website & Forum Design update

Hey guys, i am actually on the process of updating this site design.

Thanks to Steven, a public demo is available, Check it out yourself, and give feedback so i can improve it. Have any suggestion or improvement, let me know.

here is the link : http://test.getmusicbee.com
update 29 NOV 2015

ADDONS page link: http://test.getmusicbee.com/addons.php

There is little point of any scrrenshots, just visit the page above and test out yourself. remember to give feedback.

Now it is feedback time :)

I love it, great work.

redwing

Just some thoughts:

- Though there's Windows logo at the bottom, presenting MB on a tablet as a main picture could give a wrong impression that MB can run as a mobile app.
- How about MB on a little lighter skin and show just a little more of the right side?

BTW the yellowish speaker cone really matches well like a honeycomb.

Steven

• Administrator
i have updated the home page to reflect some of the feedback, this is not final btw, so give feedbacks. if it gets enough interest i will change from the woman with the headphone to this, otherwise woman with headphone will be used in the final version.

here is the home page to test. if you do not see any changes please refresh the page once more to clear the cache.
http://test.getmusicbee.com/
the one i see now is the Radio with a screenshot of musicbee to the right. I definitely agree with the proposal to have a screenshot of musicbee in the first image. Did you consider (and possibly rejected?) to twist the musicbee screenshot as in redwings proposal?

AvikB

the one i see now is the Radio with a screenshot of musicbee to the right.
umm... radio..!! :O thats a surface pro 3 screenshot btw.

I definitely agree with the proposal to have a screenshot of musicbee in the first image. Did you consider (and possibly rejected?) to twist the musicbee screenshot as in redwings proposal?
the updated design actually represents some of the idea from redwing's feedback. Ofc i removed that twisted musicbee window image since it does not look good, instead i decided to use a device to showcase musicbee. OFC more tweaks needed.

phred

• Global Moderator
- Though there's Windows logo at the bottom, presenting MB on a tablet as a main picture could give a wrong impression that MB can run as a mobile app.
This. 

Please go back to an image of MB on a desktop computer like in this mock up from a previous post
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16894.msg102956#msg102956
Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 09:38:18 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

AvikB

i have updated the homepage after experimenting with various images.
let me know what you guys think.

vpsaxman

Did you change the spacing between text and screenshots since yesterday in the header? It looked better with more space between them IMO.

AvikB

Did you change the spacing between text and screenshots since yesterday in the header? It looked better with more space between them IMO.

i actually increased the spacing and reduced the image size a little bit.

redwing

Some thoughts:

- If you want to add additional mode images, probably compact player mode has the most appealing look.
- Currently it feels like the two additional images are more of obstructing the view on the MB in main player mode. More dynamic or 3D style placement might work better and also imply that they are just different modes, not the multiple instances of MB.

vpsaxman

i actually increased the spacing and reduced the image size a little bit.
You did? LOL!

AvikB

- If you want to add additional mode images, probably compact player mode has the most appealing look.
There us already a compact player mode image is included(playlist-compact player).

- Currently it feels like the two additional images are more of obstructing the view on the MB in main player mode. More dynamic or 3D style placement might work better and also imply that they are just different modes, not the multiple instances of MB.
3d style?  are you speaking of rotating MB modes in a angle ? if so, i don't know if it is needed or not. I already added a bit of drop shadow to have better depth,
also my intention with those mode images were to represent the most wanted feature of a music player, i highly doubt anyone would bother considering the multiple instancing scenario. maybe advance user but for normal user instances won't matter.

also since most music player behaves the same way if the user has already used itunes, zune, aimp i don't think it would confuse them.

on the other hand new user probably won't even know if MusicBee has miniplayer, theater, compact player modes at all. (i am planning to add another section on the home page to show of these different modes).

Steven

• Administrator
currently the first and second images have the same main player screenshot. Just as a minor suggestion, maybe make one of them using a different layout such as Album and Tracks
or even have one of them show the "Playing Tracks" panel

AvikB

currently the first and second images have the same main player screenshot. Just as a minor suggestion, maybe make one of them using a different layout such as Album and Tracks
or even have one of them show the "Playing Tracks" panel
yeah i know, i was just being lazy :P , since musicbee3 UI might change till it hits beta(or most of the UI tweaks are done). i will take some better pictures and make them final.
the current image only provides the placement position and how it may look.

Alumni

I like the image of MusicBee overlayed with the compact and mini player - great idea.
Is it just me or is that image loading much slower than the rest of the images?
I just tried it in another browser and it was the last thing to load.