Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 548342 times)

BeeBeeKing

I like the monitor pic, makes more sense. I suggest a non branded monitor however.

AvikB

This is just an idea, but what about a photograph of MusicBee running on a PC?

Something like this;
http://static.slidetomac.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/itunes_12_imac_desktop_hero.jpg

while i like that idea, but it will require a photograph of someone's monitor running musicbee, which i am not sure where to get.
:(

AvikB

I like the monitor pic, makes more sense. I suggest a non branded monitor however.
well brands are not the issue, but yeah i will like to have a non branded monitor.

However i think a surface pro series running musicbee is the best screenshot than a non branded monitor, as their windows logo at the front is basically the paltform musicbee runs on. but clearly someone needs to provide an image.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
move the coffee cup to cover big-nose?

otherwise I prefer this one

Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:07:26 AM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

hiccup

I think we can conclude that the democratic approach to this is not getting us very far.

Steven already said he liked the speaker/imac image, but not the nose.

I removed the nose and some other stuff from the original picture.
Not up to professional standards, but if AvikB puts the color gradient over it, I am sure it is more than good enough to use for the website.

edit
Updated the picture, I also removed the sandwich from the computer, and some ugly photoshopping around the plant in the background from the original.

Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:42:23 PM by hiccup

Alumni

At least for me, it's easy to tell the image was photoshopped, I suggest sticking with the original or picking something else.

Should the MusicBee logo/text on the home page be a little more eye catching? I came up with this, just playing around;

vpsaxman

This is just an idea, but what about a photograph of MusicBee running on a PC?

Something like this;
http://static.slidetomac.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/itunes_12_imac_desktop_hero.jpg

Something like this (but better ;))

If you guys like the idea, I could try and take a better shot (like without the ugly cables), and we could agree on a layout for the MB window.
Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:58:04 PM by vpsaxman

vpsaxman

At least for me, it's easy to tell the image was photoshopped
But would you have been able to tell with the overlay that will be used?

AvikB

If you guys like the idea, I could try and take a better shot (like without the ugly cables), and we could agree on a layout for the MB window.

thats look nice, we just need a better angle and a speaker at the side getting most of the focus(like that mac image)
:)

vpsaxman

thats look nice, we just need a better angle and a speaker at the side getting most of the focus(like that mac image)
:)
Well, my speakers aren't exactly the high-end type which is why I tried to avoid focusing on them. ;)

A couple of pictures I found on reddit (we'd have to ask permission to use/modify them which I'd be happy to take care of if needed):

AvikB

Should the MusicBee logo/text on the home page be a little more eye catching? I came up with this, just playing around;

i am not keen on having something flashy logo, i want to maintain a much more subtle and elegant design.