Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 559611 times)

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
In a similar fashion, but also in an attempt to cut down on too many similar post from new users, how about displaying a clear and concise, step by step guide with pictures? (or via a link).
@Freddy - take a look at the screenshot(s) AvikB has posted. This is going to be a brief statement that points the user to a newly-merged forum topic on how to post screenshots. This would not be the place for a clear and concise step-by-step. That's that the link is for.

@phred
Yes I saw the screenshot which prompted me to comment. A great idea for new posts, whereas the installation instructions I suggested would be better placed on the Download MusicBee page on the website, as installation would have already been in place before posting in forums for help!
Something needs to be done for new users though!
Freddy
Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 06:48:15 PM by Freddy Barker

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
hiccup's proposal v.0.95 beta:

If you are posting a question or a bug report, please consider adding a explanatory screenshot to your post.
It could be very helpful in solving your issue or answering your question.

If you need help on how to add images to your post, read this: [LINK]

Always use the Preview button to check the result before posting.

Splendid idea and nicely articulated in simple terms!
+1

Maybe include "Please" always use the Preview button to check the result before posting.

Freddy

hiccup

+1

Maybe include "Please" always use the Preview button to check the result before posting.

Freddy

Thanks Freddy

Please no 'please' added there please.
Some authoritative tone is suited there.
DO preview your post before you bother anyone with it! ;-)

@AvikB, if (part of) my suggestion is to be used, there is a minor spelling error in 0.95 beta
'adding a explanatory screenshot' should read 'adding an explanatory screenshot'

frankz

Strange coming from wordy old me, but less is more. If it's a paragraph, people are just going to ignore it.

Something like:
NOTE: If your question is about something best explained visually, post a screenshot. Here's how: [LINK]

hiccup

Strange coming from wordy old me, but less is more. If it's a paragraph, people are just going to ignore it.

Something like:
NOTE: If your question is about something best explained visually, post a screenshot. Here's how: [LINK]

I fully sympathize with the general idea. Less is more.

Yet, that brief wording might (it surely will by some) be read as "hey, that's great, now I won't need to use any words at all".

Secondly, my urging to use the 'Preview' button comes from seeing quite a few posts with 'broken image' icons, or screenshots at an enormous scale.

Using 'Preview' then will confront a poster that he should make some improvements before sharing his composed message to the world.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
+1
Freddy

Please no 'please' added there please.
Some authoritative tone is suited there.
DO preview your post before you bother anyone with it! ;-)

Please DO or  don't expect any help - haha!

AvikB

hiccup's proposal v.0.95 beta: If you are posting a question or a bug report, please consider adding a explanatory screenshot to your post. It could be very helpful in solving your issue or answering your question. If you need help on how to add images to your post, read this: [LINK] Always use the Preview button to check the result before posting.

That's way too long don't you think? It would eat up a lot of space.

Maybe one liner or at best 2 liner would be nice.

frankz

hiccup's proposal v.0.95 beta: If you are posting a question or a bug report, please consider adding a explanatory screenshot to your post. It could be very helpful in solving your issue or answering your question. If you need help on how to add images to your post, read this: [LINK] Always use the Preview button to check the result before posting.

That's way too long don't you think? It would eat up a lot of space.

Maybe one liner or at best 2 liner would be nice.

Something like:

I fully sympathize with the general idea. Less is more.

Yet, that brief wording might (it surely will by some) be read as "hey, that's great, now I won't need to use any words at all".

Secondly, my urging to use the 'Preview' button comes from seeing quite a few posts with 'broken image' icons, or screenshots at an enormous scale.

Using 'Preview' then will confront a poster that he should make some improvements before sharing his composed message to the world.

Easily solved with few words:
NOTE: If your post is about something best explained visually, add a screenshot to your description and hit PREVIEW to make sure it worked. Here's how: [LINK]

sveakul

Easily solved with few words:
NOTE: If your post is about something best explained visually, add a screenshot to your description and hit PREVIEW to make sure it worked. Here's how: [LINK]

+1

phred

• Global Moderator
Yes, this.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

AvikB

That's way too long don't you think? It would eat up a lot of space. Maybe one liner or at best 2 liner would be nice.

Strange coming from wordy old me, but less is more. If it's a paragraph, people are just going to ignore it. Something like: NOTE: If your question is about something best explained visually, post a screenshot. Here's how: [LINK]
I fully sympathize with the general idea. Less is more. Yet, that brief wording might (it surely will by some) be read as "hey, that's great, now I won't need to use any words at all". Secondly, my urging to use the 'Preview' button comes from seeing quite a few posts with 'broken image' icons, or screenshots at an enormous scale. Using 'Preview' then will confront a poster that he should make some improvements before sharing his composed message to the world.
Easily solved with few words: NOTE: If your post is about something best explained visually, add a screenshot to your description and hit PREVIEW to make sure it worked. Here's how: [LINK]
ok since everyone liked this, here is how it looks:

If you guys like it, i will finalize it. 👌

phred

• Global Moderator
I feel it should be up to Steven to approve or not.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

subject: forum members deleting posts

Today this happened again.
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29420.msg163937#msg163937

A new forum member asked a question, I gave an answer.
Then the member logged-in, and decided to just delete his post, taking my answer with it.

I find this very annoying, and disrespectful to other members who may have read the original question, gave it thought, or even responded with an answer that might also be helpful to other members running into similar issues later on.

Would it be possible to prevent such members from just deleting their posts without any restrictions at all?