Author Topic: Recently added playlist problem  (Read 4204 times)

soundmill

Hi
Hope that someone can help.
In the default Recently added playlist - set to 5 days - one album keeps staying in there that was added about a year ago...
http://www.discogs.com/Zzzang-Tumb-Zzzang-Tumb/release/1045095
Does it have anything to do with the triple Zzz in the band/album name?

cheers
Robert

phred

• Global Moderator
I would say it's more likely that one or more of the tracks in that album has a different (newer) Date Added than the rest of the tracks.  You can check this by switching to Track Details view and opening the Tag Editor for each track in the album.  Once the Tag Editor is open, click on the Properties tab and check the Date Added of each track.

If that doesn't solve it, perhaps a screen shot of playlist properties.  See the Wiki for help with posting screenshots: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Posting_Screenshots
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

soundmill

Thanks Phred

This is what the track details look like   ???

phred

• Global Moderator
If that doesn't solve it, perhaps a screen shot of playlist properties. 
Right-click on the playlist and then select Edit

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

soundmill

Steven

• Administrator
if you are not already using v2.5, you should update to that as i recall there was a problem for some countries with this function

phred

• Global Moderator
Anything out of the ordinary? all default.....
Nothing out of the ordinary unfortunately.  Try Steven's suggestion to update to the latest version which is 2.5.5797.  See my sig.
If that doesn't fix it, I have one other suggestion although I doubt it will change anything.  Change 14 days to 2 weeks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

soundmill

Thanks guys, unfortunately neither updating to the latest 2.5.5797 version nor playing around with the date values changed anything :(
Is already a version 3 beta available Steven?

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks guys, unfortunately neither updating to the latest 2.5.5797 version nor playing around with the date values changed anything :(
Is already a version 3 beta available Steven?
Version 3 has a working 'demo' which might be considered an alpha version.  The beginning of the 56 page thread is here http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.0
If you want to try it, I suggest reading the first few pages and then going to the end and work backwards until you come to the link from Steven for the most current demo.  Just unzip the files into your current MB folder and run MusicBee3.exe.  You can change anything you want and it will be remembered and will not change your current 2.5 setup. 

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

plus1

Check the properties of the individual tracks, what does the date added field contain?

phred

• Global Moderator
Check the properties of the individual tracks, what does the date added field contain?
Please read the entire thread before posting.  This was suggested in the first sentence of the first reply.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

plus1

Please read the entire thread before posting.  This was suggested in the first sentence of the first reply.

Indeed it was, but it wasn't answered and so I thought it bore repeating as it's material in establishing if there's a bug or not - or is maybe caused by eg constant external edits (in some way) where folder monitoring is in place. Who knows, more information needed.

I apologise for transgressing on your copyright.

OP, hope you get it sorted. GL