Author Topic: Average Play Count of an Album  (Read 2891 times)

josesanchez

Hi there,
i would like to calculate the average play count of an album.

What i have achieved so far:
- With the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools i created a Play Count Album tag containing the sum of all plays for an album.
- The Album Track Count tag contains the complete track count for each album.

What i need:
The possibility to divide both of them, because the absolute play count does not help me, as albums have very different track counts and therefore playing a 5 track album twice would be the same as playing a 10 track album once.

So the division of Play Count Album by Album Track Count would help at least to create a more accurate tag for the average total plays of an album.

For example:
If i had a Play Count Album of 614 and an Album Track Count of 12, there would be a AverageAlbumPlays tag dividing them, saying 51.

I searched a lot but found no ways to calculate it and although the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools have functions indicating the possibility to aggregate these values, nothing worked yet for me.

Ideas anyone? Thanks a lot!

Pingaware

There is currently no way to achieve this. I plan on writing some sort of plugin to do simple maths over the summer when it becomes an absolute necessity for me to have this ability, but don't hold your breath!
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

josesanchez

any news on this topic or maybe a workaround? thanks.

Pingaware

It's still on my list for the summer. I'm actually running out of tasks I'd set myself to do, so it will probably happen. Keep an eye on the plugins forum for anything, but I'll also try to remember to post here.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

josesanchez

hi Pingaware, did you found the time to do some magic in the above matter?

In a nutshell, i would like to filter albums by average cumulated album plays and/or by no. of rated tracks per album (e.g. only albums with more than 3 rated tracks).

any plugins in the pipeline?

thanks a lot