Author Topic: playlists  (Read 2900 times)

Levenson

I would like to create playlists based on Genre.  I would also like the newest songs added to appear at the top of each playlist.  Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

i.e. Rock playlist contains all rock genre songs with the most recently added songs at the top of the playlist.

phred

• Global Moderator
As long as your tracks are tagged properly for the genre you can create an auto playlist where the genre is rock.  See the Wiki http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Playlists#Auto-Playlists
I'm not 100% certain on how to set up the auto playlist to sort the tracks by most recently added, but I suppose you would add a second match criteria using the Date Added field.  And then sort on the date field.

Or you could set up a library filter for Rock only.  But that's not a playlist.  Although you could Play All.

I'm sure other users will be along shortly with their suggestions.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Levenson

I did the auto playlist without any issue.  However, when I sync to my android device the sort order is random.  I would like to have my most recently added songs on the top of the list so I dont have to search through the list.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
To get the most recently added, you need to tell the playlist to select by.most recently added. It's before the main playlist rules.  You'll probably also want to limit the playlist to x number of tracks.  Then, if you put date added as a field in.the main panel, you can sort it by.date added, too
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Levenson

How do I tell the auto playlist to select by most recently added when I am creating the playlist?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
How do I tell the auto playlist to select by most recently added when I am creating the playlist?

There is a drop box labeled "selected by" (Actually, there are two, but you want the first one).  Look at the screenshot here: musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Playlists#Auto-Playlists
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

phred

• Global Moderator

There is a drop box labeled "selected by" (Actually, there are two, but you want the first one).  Look at the screenshot here: musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Playlists#Auto-Playlists
Question for my own education, and for the OP's:  Does the "selected by" drop-down option for the "most recently added" refer to the date added to the Library, or to the Playlist?  I haven't had time to play with it yet.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Question for my own education, and for the OP's:  Does the "selected by" drop-down option for the "most recently added" refer to the date added to the Library, or to the Playlist?  I haven't had time to play with it yet.

It refers to the library (it's based on the "date added" field)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)