Author Topic: Album artwork view showing same covers for compilation  (Read 4329 times)

ihaveghosts

Is there a way around this? I went into the info and checked 'iTunes Compilation' but it didn't do anything. Thank you!

Steven

• Administrator
it depends how you configure the artwork retrieval filters (see Tags(1) preferences)
if the artwork is stored as a folder file eg. folder.jpg or artwork.jpg, then all music files in that folder will show the same artwork.
if the artwork is stored in each music file, make sure the artwork retrieval filter gives priority to embeded artwork

ihaveghosts

it depends how you configure the artwork retrieval filters (see Tags(1) preferences)
if the artwork is stored as a folder file eg. folder.jpg or artwork.jpg, then all music files in that folder will show the same artwork.
if the artwork is stored in each music file, make sure the artwork retrieval filter gives priority to embeded artwork

Hi Steven,

Thank you for the response. I'm still trying to figure MusicBee out so I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the retrieval filter giving priority. Would I have to have to do that for all of my music?

Thank you!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
He's talking about your settings at the bottom of Tags (1) preferences, the little button that says "Set Retrieval Filter"

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Tags_Preferences
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ihaveghosts

He's talking about your settings at the bottom of Tags (1) preferences, the little button that says "Set Retrieval Filter"

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Tags_Preferences

Thanks! I don't want to lose any of my other artwork though. What would you suggest for albums with Various Artists because it seems senseless to have a cover.jpg in each folder.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks! I don't want to lose any of my other artwork though. What would you suggest for albums with Various Artists because it seems senseless to have a cover.jpg in each folder.

Are all your Various Artists tracks in one folder?  You can use MB's Organize Files function to make sure each album has its own folder, so you only need one cover.jpg for each album.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

ihaveghosts

Are all your Various Artists tracks in one folder?  You can use MB's Organize Files function to make sure each album has its own folder, so you only need one cover.jpg for each album.

Looks like this:

An off-topic question: What's the standard? Should I embed in the tags AND use album.jpg?

Thank you guys so much.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Looking at your screenshot again, it looks like the artwork is behaving as expected: only the tracks in that particular folder are showing the artwork for that album.

We may be after a red herring, here.  Is this actually a grouping problem?  Meaning, you want the album to be displayed only once in Artwork view?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Is there a way around this? I went into the info and checked 'iTunes Compilation' but it didn't do anything. Thank you!

In that first image you are sorting by artist, so MB is going to show the album art for the VA album that the artist appears on.
Try sorting by Album Artist instead.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

ihaveghosts