Author Topic: Razer Kraken Pro USB, Music bee and Switching Audio  (Read 4644 times)

Blackened

Hello Mods, Developers, and Admin. I have a problem at the moment, I have a Razer Kraken Pro USB headset and using Audio switch 2.0 and Audio Switcher 1.6 . It seems that with both software and application whenever I want to switch to my soundcard it sounds full, when I switch back to my USB headset the Audio would just went below than 80%.

here's the picture of it:

http://puu.sh/laz5c/848ac19f82.png
Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:39:58 AM by Blackened

hiccup

That's a setting in Windows you can change.
Go to: Control panel > Sound > tab 'Communications' and select 'Do nothing'.

(and of course not a bug at all, so I'll move it to General' soon)

Blackened

Hey Hiccup, Sorry I forgot to say that the switch from speaker to USB on Firefox or browser are unaffected. I'm using your suggestion above me and it didn't work at all. I have to exit Musicbee and start it again just to fix it. after that I knew it's a problem with Musicbee.

I do wish that I have the other switch app like 2 years ago because it didn't get any problem at all, except for this Kraken of course. :(

hiccup

Ok, it seems I jumped the gun. That Windows setting seemed to me the obvious culprit.
Since it doesn't seem to be that, maybe somebody else has a clue.
Still a bit strange that your level goes to exactly 80%, just like the aforementioned Windows sound setting.
I am not familiar with the Audio Switch and Audio Switcher software you mention and are using. Are you sure it is not some setting there?
- Is MusicBee lowering it's own volume, or some Windows volume slider?
- Do different player preferences settings (direct sound, wasapi etc.) make a difference?
- Does it also happen with MusicBee v3? It is still in a 'demo' phase, but if it is indeed a MusicBee issue, it's more likely to be addressed for v3, then for v2.

I'll move this topic back to Bugs again.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
...and using Audio switch 2.0 and Audio Switcher 1.6.

Could it be a settings compatibility issue from using 2 audio device switching software?

Have you tried switching devices directly from within MB
right-click player bar> Play More...> Output To
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

phred

• Global Moderator
...and using Audio switch 2.0 and Audio Switcher 1.6.

Could it be a settings compatibility issue from using 2 audio device switching software?

Have you tried switching devices directly from within MB
right-click player bar> Play More...> Output To
Ignore the "Play More" part of this.  It's just right-click on player bar > Output to
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Ignore the "Play More" part of this.  It's just right-click on player bar > Output to

Unless you are using 3.0Demo, and forgot to switch back to 2.5  :D
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Blackened

Alright folks, This is an issue probably with Windows and obviously problem with Kraken.

I'll solve and close this thread, if anyone having problem like me on Razer Kraken be sure to view this thread.

Blackened

Alright, I just unlock the thread.

It seems that Musicbee have a problem with Razer Kraken USB in term of volume.

It seems that if you have other audio source like in Firefox or Video game the volume would just go down from 10 bar to 2 bar. For me the only solution right now is to shut down Musicbee and open it again. I don't think this is Razer problem as I could get full volume on Browser, Winamp, and Itunes but not Musicbee.

here's side by side image.