Author Topic: "continously monitor" doesn't work. Have to close/open or hit scan to add files.  (Read 5503 times)

svperstar

So the only problem I have with music bee is continuously monitor does not work.

As a test I added some files to C:\users\me\Music and let MusicBee sit overnight. When I work up and went to my library the files were not there.

I had to hit scan then the files showed up. Here is a screenshot of my settings:
http://i.imgur.com/HTwcGrx.jpg

Bytor

What version of MusicBee are you using.
I am using the latest (2.4.5404) and it works for me.

My "preferences" box looks a little different than yours I noticed.

http://imgur.com/10UTcJW

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Actually, the latest version is 2.5 (just released in the last few days).  I think there's even a patch since then.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

svperstar

What version of MusicBee are you using.
I am using the latest (2.4.5404) and it works for me.

My "preferences" box looks a little different than yours I noticed.

http://imgur.com/10UTcJW

I just downloaded the latest, I didn't even realize 2.5 is out. I still  have to hit Ins or close and reopen or it doesn't look for files. Not the end of the world just kind of odd. I even tried running as administrator

scatterkeir

I'm on 2.5.5721 and what I've been noticing for some time is that although I have 'continuously monitor' selected AutoDJ will still pick filenames that have been moved/renamed/deleted days ago (with an AutoDJ list generated/started much more recently). Sounds like the same issue, but as I mainly use AutoDJ to play completely random tracks from my library I wouldn't notice that none of the tracks were ones I added since the last manual scan.

ETA: Part of the feature is working, as I sometimes notice "Monitored folders: 11 files updated" and the like.
Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:34:21 PM by scatterkeir

Steven

• Administrator

mless

There is also a minor bug that I find annoying but never took the time to report.
I use "scan on startup" and not "continuously monitor". When I add files with a new AlbumArtist somewhere in a monitored path, the files get detected by MusicBee on startup ("x files added"), but the new album artist does not appear automatically in the artists list (left sidebar). I have to close and restart again, or change the category and come back for it to appear.

Skoop

try the patched version as there was one scenario not working
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files
What version number results from that patch?  Is it more current than 2.5.5721 which is what I thought was most recent?

I'm interested, too.  I'm also having issue with continuously monitoring.  I posted about it but got no replies.  This issue is that in album and tracks view, files added to that album from the Inbox won't appear until the view is refreshed to Album Art view and then back to album and track view.  

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
try the patched version as there was one scenario not working
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files
What version number results from that patch?  Is it more current than 2.5.5721 which is what I thought was most recent?

I'm interested, too.  I'm also having issue with continuously monitoring.  I posted about it but got no replies.  This issue is that in album and tracks view, files added to that album from the Inbox won't appear until the view is refreshed to Album Art view and then back to album and track view.  

1) Yes, it's more current.

2) Have you tried doing a refresh (F5)?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Skoop

Refresh, in album and tracks view, takes it back to album art view anyway, so it accomplishes the same thing.  In the previous version I was using, album and tracks view would auto-update with the addition of new files sent to the library from Inbox. --Meaning, after sending to library on the Inbox tab, clicking to the Music tab which had album and tracks view open to the album would show the updated files without having to go back to album art view and/or refresh.   This one doesn't.  

Skoop

I applied the patch to version 2.5.5759. 

I've nothing to test it with at this moment.  We'll see...

Skoop

Well, that didn't help.  Like the others noted above, continuous monitoring has become spotty.  I put four files into the folder that catches all before I move them to their respective album location and three showed up.  Rescan picked up the fourth. 

Since I upgraded to both MB 2.5 and Win 10 in close time proximity, I don't know which is the causative factor.  Or both conspiring together.