Author Topic: Diacritic in search string and square brackets in tag fields  (Read 2310 times)

Acoustics

Hi,

1) When searching for "Mötley Crüe" in my library, I have to enter the name with the diacritics (diaeresis). "Motley Crue" returns nothing. Can that be modified ?

2) Why can't we enter square brackets ("[" or "]") in tags fields ? I have to copy and past them in the tag fields because nothing happens when I enter them directly (french keyboard).

Thanks.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
1. Yes. This setting is in Tags (2) preferences

2. I use square brackets all the time, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. I gather MB is the only program giving you this problem?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Acoustics

1) Indeed, didn't see that... Thanks !

2) Yes, square brackets don't work for me, and it's only in MB. I've tried on my two PCs. In one, just the minimal stuff installed, so I don't think this could be a conflict with another program. I've tried to look at the shortcuts in the preferences to see if it could be a conflict, but nothing clear. In fact, right square bracket works in the fields in the Preferences, the left bracket doesn't work anywhere in MB  ??? A conflit with the french keyboard ?
Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 03:11:21 PM by Acoustics

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
A conflit with the french keyboard ?

That would be my guess, but I have no way of verifying.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)