Author Topic: Tag n'Drop  (Read 1700 times)

MonsieurDave

First , congrats for this über schön full packed but lightweight music player.
The flexibility of the UI is a sure win and the tagging features are quite nice.
My new weapon of choice, thanks. :D :-*

The one feature that would raise it to the level of the giants is .... Tag n'Drop ©® ( "Drag n'Tag" was already taken )

Overview :
The main center list, with the help of the filter panes ( genre, artist, album, ... ) could serve as a powerful automatic re-tagger simply by dropping one or more item(s) onto others in the filters.
Examples :
 - drop one or more songs onto an artist name to tag them automatically with this artist
 - drop one mispelled artist (Basement Jax)  onto the correct one (Basement Jaxx) for instant "cleaning" of one or multiple files.
 - drop album(s) on an artist, or on a genre ...
 - drop songs on album, ... on genre ... on year ...
 - drop genre on genre ...
 - and so on ...

Like also some easy way, via this feature,  to disambiguate an "artist" from an "album artist"
( especially annoying for a lot of badly tagged songs coming from "various artists" albums, ... where the "album artist" shall, obviously, not be the artist  >:( )

The Tag n'Drop could be enabled/disabled easily so that one can avoid tag n' dropping by mistake when he doesn't want to.

That would be LO-VE-LY !
But I know this is no piece of cake. The kind of thing that needs a lot of testing.

A similar feature already exists in J.River Media Center , I just hope it's not patented or sort of.

Just my 2 cents, thanks again.

Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 04:56:52 PM by MonsieurDave