Author Topic: Chromecast Audio support  (Read 29869 times)

8166UY

Pretty clear title I would think. Basically I would love to stream my classical music from my PC to the speakers on the other side of the room without cables or putting it on my phone which is full of other genres. Using a online-based streaming solution is less  tempting because of my slow and unreliable internet connection (old home plus low priority neighbourhood). Thanks in advance Steven or the enthousiastic plugin maker!

gddecker

Thank you for adding this request!  Yes, I want to be able to cast my MusicBee music! :)

Ansem

+1 for me too! now that there is the new chromecast audio it would fantastic to have musicbee compatible with it!

neFAST

I thought this was possible with stock Chromecast.
Is it limited to online sources and some selected PC applications?

Steven

• Administrator
I thought this was possible with stock Chromecast.
Is it limited to online sources and some selected PC applications?
from my admitted brief reading of it, they dont make a windows desktop API avaiable for use. I believe there is an API for windows phone but MB isnt using that environment. I gather it can be acheived by running a browser.
I doubt i would look into this further for some time and it would be better/ quicker if a developer reasding this implemented a plugin

8166UY

A shame. But I understand that without anything to hold on to it would take a lot of your precious time.

Maybe someone wants to dive into how the following app is made to find out if there is something useable for a plugin?
http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/this-os-x-app-sends-itunes-music-spotify-and-other-audio-to-your-chromecast-1201554230/

ricthot

Reviving this thread as this feature or a plugin to make this work would be awesome.

There is at least one chrome PC extension that interfaces with the Chromecast (Videostream). We can stream local media to the chromecast with this extension, and there's even a Videostream remote for Android... I wish either Musicbee or Videostream could support audio files....

sprks

+1  yes!  please compatability for chromecast audio!!

klu13y

Agreed, this would be an amazing feature, and probably the only feature that I feel musicbee is missing

Ginsoakedboy21

Plus one, I only recently discovered Music Bee and it's awesome, Chomecast support is literally the only missing feature it has.

Spiron

Y'all realise this can't happen unless there is a Windows API for it which google have have not provided and have no plans to provide.  And no, Chrome having the ability doesn't count because it was always built in to some degree BECAUSE IT IS THEIR OWN BROWSER.  Last I heard the VLC guys were building an API which other programs might be able to use, however this was a slow effort and no where near completion.