Author Topic: Exclude files/folders  (Read 6901 times)

themusicalmind

Whenever I remove a file from the library it's gone for the current session (until I close MB) but once I restart MB the file pops back up again. Notice I only want to remove it from the library, but still keep it on my harddisk. As an example, I have an album but I don't like two songs and I don't want them to show up in my library, the current system just removes these items from the current session.

Would it be possible to have a checkbox or an exclude list in the preferences? So in a way you could set your library at D:\Music and inside Music exclude folders A and C, but manage B and D for example.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
you can exclude specific folders from being monitored in
Preferences> Library> monitored folders

you can also exclude files from playback in
Tag Editor> Settings
although this will still leave the files in you library
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Ontanium

This works but the full banned songs won't play in playlists I set for them. I'm assuming the only real way around this is to use the half ban and just use shuffle all the time. 

p.s is there a way to visually hide them in the library too?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
p.s is there a way to visually hide them in the library too?

You could keep them in the inbox. That won't affect static playlists, although it could affect auto ones.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
You could also create a filter with a rule to hide tracks with a bomb rating, or a (custom) tag set to some value that you specify.
Auto-playlists could also exclude tracks by using that filter as their source, or by implementing the same rule.
Bee excellent to each other...