Author Topic: Artist to Album Artist  (Read 3038 times)

Levenson

Is there an easy way to copy what is in the Artist field to the Album artist field for each song in my library?  My files do not have the album artist field populated, only the artist field.  I dont really want to do this manually.

hiccup

boroda74's 'Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools' plugin is perfect for actions such as that:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3833.0

phred

• Global Moderator
The Advanced Search and Replace feature in the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools plugin will do this quite efficiently.
See the Wiki here: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Additional_Tagging_and_Reporting_Tools.  It doesn't look like there's a link to the plugin from the Wiki, so check the forum thread under Plugins.  Be sure to go to the last page of the forum thread and work backwards from there so you get the most recent version.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  Before running your entire library through the search and replace, test it with two or three tracks and make sure it is giving you the results you're expecting.  Also, if I were to do what you're wanting to do, after seeing that it works the expected way, I'd -COPY- the Artist tag to the Album Artist tag and once that's done, go back and remove the Artist tag.  It's just another way to make sure you get what you want.

If you have questions about the plugin's use, it's best to post them in the plugin's thread on the forum.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The download link on the wiki is the one that says "binary"

For what it's worth, MusicBee automatically assumes the artist value for album artist if the latter is not filled in.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
The download link on the wiki is the one that says "binary"
Oh, foolish me.  I was looking for it near the top, not at the bottom.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here