Author Topic: Limited Tracks load  (Read 5575 times)

Geckoo

Hey guys,

I use MusicBee for a short period of time now on my Windows 10 PC.
Because I prefer it this way, I mostly get into my (normal) Explorer and start the music from there. By drag&drop or better by marking them and then press the play button in the menu bar above (in explorer).

This works fine if I choose a small amount of tracks, like 10. But if I try to start a larger amount (e.g. 40 songs) it does start windows media player. So I deactivated wmp, but now it does nothing. All my mediatypes are linked to MusicBee.

I hope someone has an idea to fix this. Btw. d&d does nothing. If something unintelligible I will try to describe it better. Also if this problem was solved somewhere else please link it to me, I did not find something useful with help of the searchfunction and google.

Thank you for your time!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

This is probably related to a restriction in Windows: getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16540.0
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
his works fine if I choose a small amount of tracks, like 10. But if I try to start a larger amount (e.g. 40 songs) it does start windows media player. So I deactivated wmp, but now it does nothing. All my mediatypes are linked to MusicBee.
Yes.  This is directly related to the link psychoadept pointed to.  There is a limit of 15 files per restrictions from Windows.  This has nothing to be with MB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Geckoo

Hey, thanks for the fast help!

This has solved my problem :) I did 30 minutes research, because I could not find the listing in windows 10 regestry... Creating it by myself then did it.