Author Topic: Music sync  (Read 3675 times)

Pcheh

Hey guys I'm trying to set up musicbee to sync my music when connect my phone, but I can't seem to get it to work. I want it to put the music in my music folder on the sd card. I got it to sync but it tried to just recopy all the music. Thanks for the help.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Can you clarify the problem?  I'm not sure what you mean by "recopy all the music"
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Pcheh

Thank you and yes. I want to be able to plug my phone in and any new music I have dowladed will automatically be sent to the phone. And by recopy I meant I have most of my music already on my phone and when I set up the sync it tried to add all the songs again( duplicate), it failed because there wasn't enough space on my phone. I guess what I'm trying to say is I want musicbee to monitor my music folder and if the phone is missing any music files musicbee will add them to the phone. This has to be only on the ad card being that's were I store all my music.

Pcheh

I took a screen shot but I'm not sure how to add it to the post?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
See this page: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Posting_Screenshots#From_Other_Sites

A screenshot of your sync settings for the device would probably help the most.
Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 05:11:06 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Pcheh

When I get home I'll try to upload some pics

Pcheh

Here are the setting im using.

Hope that works.
Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 04:58:17 PM by Pcheh

Pcheh

Also this is what i meant that it tried to double up the songs.
Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 04:58:36 PM by Pcheh

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Am I overlooking something in the last picture?  Because I don't see any duplicates.

(Btw, if you add width=800 inside your [ img ] tag, it will reduce the image to a more manageable size.)

Your settings look fine, but what happens if you tick "delete tracks not on the auto-sync list"?  That should ensure that only one copy of each track is on the device.  (If you did't check that, and you changed settings between syncs, that might be why you're getting duplicates.)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Pcheh

Yeah Sry I couldn't get a whole screen shot of my phone, but the original songs started with 0# as track number the duplicates started as 1-0# for the track number. So it got the destination folders correct it just didn't see that the song was already there, and just added them again.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
In that case, ticking the option I mentioned should definitely solve your problem.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Pcheh

Ok I'll give that a try when I get home. Thanks for the help.