Author Topic: Skin- and visual errors related to, and skinning requests for MusicBee v3  (Read 291731 times)

hiccup

hiccup

1. A grey border introduced
2. The bright green dividing line at the bottom is now practically invisible
3. The help button is gone. (this might be intentional?)

v3 top, v2.5 bottom:

also:

This is not v3 related since 2.5 also has it, but if it is possible maybe improve on the sliders and its buttons while at it:

hiccup

Sometimes, when switched to full-screen the top of the header bar is cut-off a couple of pixels:
(not always, not sure how to replicate)

hiccup

When decreasing the MB window size horizontally, the Windows close/minimise etc. buttons don't remain 'on top'.

edit:
Probably better ignore this report for now.
I just saw this happens with my 2.5 version, v3 does this correctly.

Let me know if you want me to move this error to the bug report topic.

hiccup

When I tried to shrink the MB panel by selecting and dragging a corner (to probably it's minimum) I got this:

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5763.12829 (Win10.0), 12 okt 2015 12:42:

System.ArgumentException: Rectangle '{X=236,Y=7,Width=0,Height=21}' cannot have a width or height equal to 0.
   at System.Drawing.Drawing2D.LinearGradientBrush..ctor(Rectangle rect, Color color1, Color color2, LinearGradientMode linearGradientMode)
   at #=qxEOP5jCIHc_uAnRVC0FoD9dsh3hSvoYj6419yULmt0w=.#=qX34wVewiWBqDYaWGpld6pg==(Graphics #=q2ygz1k5$227gpn2R6xXuaw==, Rectangle #=qRSbWTic0rvIPpas6aSe0HQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qpuyLUFDpZWBv9wrry$pnS7zrIxbMFG7jzZMil$Gu2EI=._Lambda$__0(Graphics #=q0ljqs42GzLQg2f8JB2Z8wQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.NavigationHeader.#=qPiMgOEw8OMZkdihQ3jK7CQ==(PaintEventArgs #=qCBPoCZcv6U_5hOSYlTmJwg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qUklv1I5f5QWCP6VFJYkw3YfOWpC5_Nbt1RE1_0pFV_c=._Lambda$__0(Graphics #=qlQtnBogZF0SBHuR8$kqKlg==)
   at #=qRsKdy3wfp_ebwfKRXeRV0Q==.#=q9OaIVBQ3qLyVdE_EmuNx0w==.#=qMH627WyiNncGTnXOcIsoxw==(Graphics #=qyDvNTa1TdktBhORRE0dY7A==, #=qmBEF3g6FMFrWYJ5QFbNn$KCePXquW$OJKBQpHUJ6zHY= #=qfVGlrhktYjEJzrlzDUt8Tw==, Rectangle #=qhXPrIOKyg82KZVQRbmpJBw==, Rectangle #=qxF_jl6hRRarBFatzfFfRaw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs #=qxWbw3rPJiOewbEmWOqHZDQ==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qNCiYcBakDQcFgDf6CqARg2LStbaK7WA8eJL1UADtvx8=.WndProc(Message& #=qCIgb6LmWjqPx7KVjH3Utjw==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.WndProc(Message& #=qSB3Slp8o8AVbkYHFdJbc7w==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

hiccup

I noticed you started addressing some skinning issues in the latest update.

The issue with TrackInfoLeft and TrackInfoRight is still there.
When opening MB, the right one sometimes displays, but the left one doesn't, and both disappear when re-sizing.

Bee-lievers Bee78 skin shows this most clearly.

hiccup

hiccup

I also noticed the custom tag fields in tag inspector are greyed out. This is not or hardly noticeable with the default skin, but clearly in some others, such as Sportura Pinstripe:

hiccup

On my system, when I drag the corner of the compact player to enlarge it, I get lots of 'funny looking' borders and resize arrows. But they also disappear as soon as I release the mouse button.

One observation:
When I disable: Windows' Visual Effects > 'Show shadows under windows', there are no borders looking like curtains, but the grow/shrink cursor arrow still leaves a trail as described. (mouse 'cursor shadow' and 'cursor trails' are disabled)
Maybe it's something with my a bit older graphics card. (Ati Radeon HD4xxx)

Steven

• Administrator
When I tried to shrink the MB panel by selecting and dragging a corner (to probably it's minimum) I got this:
i cant reproduce this but if you can, please send me your settings file

Steven

• Administrator
When decreasing the MB window size horizontally, the Windows close/minimise etc. buttons don't remain 'on top'.
it should be resizing the tabs are the application window narrows but it works fine for me. Same as before - please send the settings file if you can reproduce this

Steven

• Administrator
the resizing bug is fixed for the next update. Just FYI, if you want the library explorer to fill the entire panel height, just dock it in the left main panel and hide the left sidebar.
Also if i feel i have enough time i might change it so panels can be dragged into the header bar rather than stopping at just below

mless

When using most skins the auto-hide left sidebar does not appear when I move my cursor on the left of the screen. (ie: DarkRED Flat, iBee, AeroBee, etc.). When using MusicBee Classic or MusicBee 3 it works fine.

Steven

• Administrator
its still probably a couple of weeks before i will focus on skinning, bur i want to put it out there now re: thoughts on how skinning should be changed because of the flexible way panels can be configured eg. before you might use a range of colors for the left sidebar because you could be sure the left navigator and library explorer could only be docked in the left sidebar and there was no "left main panel". Now many new elements can be docked in various panels.
My thoughts are simply to have an optional default that applies to any element docked in a panel (left sidebar, left-main panel, main panel, right-main panel etc) but to allow an override color scheme for each element as well. There would still be view specific settings for track details, artwork for the main panel as now.
I know some of you want a tab based layout for when elements are overlayed. I will probably make that available as a musicbee setting rather than a skin setting

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
My thoughts are simply to have an optional default that applies to any element docked in a panel (left sidebar, left-main panel, main panel, right-main panel etc) but to allow an override color scheme for each element as well. There would still be view specific settings for track details, artwork for the main panel as now.

I think the override option would be a good way to go.

I've had a look at the MusicBee3.xml, and armed with a few new elements I found there, I've taken skin of mine that doesn't work to well in MB3 and fixed it up.

Here is a link to B78_3.0Demo if anybody want's to try it out.

MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together