Author Topic: Skin- and visual errors related to, and skinning requests for MusicBee v3  (Read 291653 times)

redwing

The small popup window from tag inspector has unskinned border of 100,100,100 which looks awful with some skins.

http://i.imgur.com/D3Wa67r.png

Steven

• Administrator
that would be a non-trivial change and should go on the 3.1 requests if you want it implemented for the next MB version

redwing

Would it be possible the skin doesn't have to supply the same default icons for Bookmark, Podcast, Audiobooks, Radio, inbox, Video, History, Upcoming Release nodes?

Bump

Steven

• Administrator
forgot to reply on this. I confirm the behavior you describe but wont make any change for v3 at risk of messing something up elsewhere

Iasc

In the now playing panel, show player controls in right sidebar doesn't work well unless the sidebar panel is wide. I don't actually use it but i came across it when i was playing around with the settings so thought i would report it.

sleepless

I realize this is likely not a v3 issue, and possibly intentional, but I've always found it odd that the wavebar isn't centered in the player (weighted to the bottom). To me, this just doesn't look right. Although admittedly I'm a bit OCD, which makes me a bit more sensitive to objects appearing off-balanced.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I have this set, but I'm getting lowlight scrollbars even without narrow scrollbars.

<element id="ScrollBarLowlightNarrowOnly">true</element>
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

I've seen this bug a couple times (just now) but can't reproduce it intentionally. Have a look at the code if something is wrong.
When PlayerTopFlat elements are not supplied to the skin, switching progress bar from on top to in middle with main player on top sometimes draws the progress bar (from the middle) all the way to the right, overlapping with spectrum visualizer on the right.

Steven

• Administrator
Not sure how you tested it but they currently look fine because they have all the default icons supplied. Did you test it with those listed icons (Bookmarks, Podcasts, Audiobooks, Radio, inbox, Video, History, Upcoming Releases) removed from the skin? There's no error logged.

[edit] This will show the issue more clearly (Azure skin):

1. Current
2. When those 8 default icons are removed from the skin file
3. When only Podcasts icon is supplied among those 8 icons
there is some code around the assumption that all icons are supplied. I have changed the behaviour so each icon is checked individually

redwing

there is some code around the assumption that all icons are supplied. I have changed the behaviour so each icon is checked individually

Working fine now without those default icons supplied. Thanks!

The Incredible Boom Boom

Two skin (exoskeleton? 🤔 bees don't have skin) mishaps

I'm pretty sure the .ItemSeparator element is extending too far?
Code
<element id="Content[AlbumAndTracks].ItemSeparatorLine" fg="highlighted" />

This is the scroll bar for the Tag Explorer. It was fine until I modified the bgand bg2 attributes below.
*This persisted through restarts, but the panel just refreshed and now the ScrollBarThumb sits properly above the SectionHeader. I dunno if you want to put any effort towards this since it works now, but it may be replicable.
EDIT: The below bug just returned, so it is a persistent one
Code
<element id="Panel.SectionHeader.Default" bg="darkGreen" bg2="gradientBG" fg="mainText" />
Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 03:27:25 PM by The Incredible Boom Boom

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Currently working on a skin and I'm going around checking just about every MusicBee setting there is. I've come across these which I think need addressing.

As for this one, it's more of a request than an oversight being pointed out.
When I double-click on my 1200x1200 album covers, an enlarged version pops up.
Only one thing bothers me, the bottom border is placed below the taskbar. Seeing as the window is not resizable...I cannot do anything about that on my part.
I was hoping the window size could be reduced a bit so that both (top & bottom) borders could appear.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
All good now. Thank you Steven.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore