Author Topic: Skin- and visual errors related to, and skinning requests for MusicBee v3  (Read 291659 times)

Steven

• Administrator
MiniPlayerLastFmLove (Miniplayer. Uses shape and color)
MiniPlayerLastFmNotLove
MiniPlayerLastFmLoveBright
for the mini-player i have corrected MiniPlayerLastFmNotLove and it wasnt loading MiniPlayerLastFmLoveBright. Thats also corrected for the next update

endeavour1934

While I was working on the Last.fm icons for the bitmap skinned player, I've noticed that upon start/play (with MusicBee window not maximized), the player displays correctly that the track is loved, but then if I maximize the window the Loved icon reverts to Not Loved.

Steven

• Administrator
PlayerLastFmNotLove was not being used for the Compact player.
PlayerLastFmNotLove was being recoloured in the main player
in case its not intentional, PlayerLastFmLove in your dark skins looks the same as PlayerLastFmNotLove
PlayerLastFmLoveBright is not implemented any more and wasnt in v2.5
Its going to take me some time to go though and figure out things so if you are able to point out the ones you think are not implemented then that will save me time
Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 07:52:15 PM by Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
Am I correct in assuming that skins created for 2.5 will work in 3.x, but skins created exclusively for 3.x won't work in 2.5?  I did a few tests with old 2.5 skins in 3.x and didn't see any visual issues.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
While I was working on the Last.fm icons for the bitmap skinned player, I've noticed that upon start/play (with MusicBee window not maximized), the player displays correctly that the track is loved, but then if I maximize the window the Loved icon reverts to Not Loved.
thanks for reporting that. Its fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
Am I correct in assuming that skins created for 2.5 will work in 3.x, but skins created exclusively for 3.x won't work in 2.5?  I did a few tests with old 2.5 skins in 3.x and didn't see any visual issues.
while skins should work in either direction as long as all required bitmap images are supplied (for v3, the help button is no longer implemented so can be missing from a v3 skin but not a v2.5 skin), many wont work well with the changed tabs handling

endeavour1934

PANELS

LastFmLove
[Loved, track not selected] (Uses shape and color)
[Not loved, track selected & mouseover] (Only shape used. Color from Panel.NotLovedIcon.Highlight fg)

LastFmLoveSelected
[Loved, track selected] (Uses shape and color) 

LastFmLoveBright
[Not used]

LastFmNotLove
[Not loved, track selected] (Only shape used, color is automatically selected)

MAIN PLAYER AND COMPACT PLAYER

PlayerLastFmLove
[Loved] (Uses shape and color)

PlayerLastFmLoveBright
[Not used]

PlayerLastFmNotLove
[Not Loved] (Uses shape and color) (If 'overlay controls' is active in Compact Player, color is automatically selected)

MINI PLAYER

MiniPlayerLastFmLove
[Loved] (Uses shape and color)

MiniPlayerLastFmLoveBright
[Not Loved & mouseover] (Uses shape and color)

MiniPlayerLastFmNotLove
[Not Loved] (Uses shape and color)
Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:23:33 PM by endeavour1934

phred

• Global Moderator
while skins should work in either direction as long as all required bitmap images are supplied (for v3, the help button is no longer implemented so can be missing from a v3 skin but not a v2.5 skin), many wont work well with the changed tabs handling
Thanks for the clarification Steven.  I was mostly thinking about the two skins that I modified from 2.5 skins ("Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues" and "Phred on the Lookout".)  The first was done strictly with 2.5 elements (and tabs look okay) while the second incorporated a few of the new 3.x elements.  Both work fine in 3.x although Kozmic could use a few tweaks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
i have uploaded a version that should address the player love icons
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

i will probably leave the main panel love icon handling as-is. I think its probably the same as v2.5 but i dont have time just now to check

endeavour1934

i have uploaded a version that should address the player love icons
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

i will probably leave the main panel love icon handling as-is. I think its probably the same as v2.5 but i dont have time just now to check
A couple of posts above I've written all I could find about the love icons. Hope it helps.

Steven

• Administrator
PlayerLastFmNotLove (Player, Compact Player. Uses only shape) Main player color from PlayerFlat.NotLovedIcon fg, Compact player color from ??

Red=being fixed
are you saying PlayerLastFmNotLove is not fixed for the main player? It should be. Are you sure about the images in your files as PlayerLastFmLove and PlayerLastFmNotLove look the same to me as read directly from your dark red flat files

i forgot to remind that the new version is MusicBee.exe and no longer MusicBee3.exe
Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:49:29 PM by Steven

endeavour1934

Yes, it's all fixed. I've just updated the list.

Also, MiniPlayerLastFmLoveBright is used after all.
Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:26:26 PM by endeavour1934

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
3.0.5939: Scrollbars and Playing Tracks are fixed!  The Auto-Tag button in the Tag Editor still turns gray.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Changing fg for this element changes the NON-highlight text color of the command buttons.

<element id="Controls.Button.Highlight" bg="143,189,39" fg="255,255,255" />

And another request, maybe for later: could the search icon also be a different color when the search box is active, like the text?  Picking a color that works for both is hard if they're very different.

[Edit]: Does MainPanelTopBorder still do anything?  And I can't get this to appear:

<element id="TabsBar.TabInCaptionBarBlended.Separator" bg="xxx,xxx,xxx" />
Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 06:43:33 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Shouldn't these elements also affect the Podcast list?

<element id="Controls.AlbumThumb" fg="xxx,xxx,xxx" />
<element id="Controls.GenreThumb" fg="xxx,xxx,xxx" />
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)