Author Topic: Skin- and visual errors related to, and skinning requests for MusicBee v3  (Read 294867 times)

Steven

• Administrator
i think what i will do for skinned borders is leave the default as now ie. 4px border but allow a skin override where you can say to use the windows 1px borders (not caption bar) as described in the first point. There are quite a few skins, especially the dark ones where the 4px border blends into the main panels so you dont even see a border.

but the 1px top border in compact player, that currently takes its colour from the windows header, would need to be fixed.
can you explain that some more?

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
but the 1px top border in compact player, that currently takes its colour from the windows header, would need to be fixed.
can you explain that some more?

automatically selected accent colour on title bar

same colour on top edge of compact player when it has focus

and don't know if this is linked to using that title bar edge,  but occasionally get this error in compact player mode.

Code
19/11/2015 19:53:50 - 10.0.10586.0 - 3.0.5798.40648 - System.InvalidOperationException: Object is currently in use elsewhere.
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Int32 x, Int32 y)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Point point)
   at #=qC6rtIQpg_gaHAiRAozgL52$wE8vSt2sD$KNGIEV0BFs=.#=qITMGYCscnT$9_huMastspA==(Graphics #=q4KbX0YmnSPyULXqo14OixA==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q7z3RakNSUwtjm3sCwgInIA==.#=qtYrQpzOnfXzfROvcblsh8VoZM3eOmrs2RcOh_6Pf6D4=.#=qu2h0WJWJmULh6BCX6$zKfA==(PaintEventArgs #=qCc8Aw957z2dn_fF7Asta_g==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q7z3RakNSUwtjm3sCwgInIA==.#=qNwu68prOpKOwJEqXmbSQ02hXOkT4ddmQxe428qeS$6Y=(Object #=qBqWwZZLKT56TVwGA2$XQ1Q==, PaintEventArgs #=qpAO23tPyVAy7kvXm5F0EEw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at #=ql8XViFYHQcTpK$2JkjETyBcHic$pzFOHWNipRHwYWQg=.#=q1ZIaB1D6jKBBZamlJDT5H80$iIb1M$dYjMYv1nq1qsI=(PaintEventArgs #=qCc8Aw957z2dn_fF7Asta_g==)
   at #=ql8XViFYHQcTpK$2JkjETyBcHic$pzFOHWNipRHwYWQg=.#=q8_TwPthCI3eafxApmnNdLj4Zoyg0WwYRxD2FOiiyhLo=._Lambda$__0(Graphics #=qVxINKg5wA5UBogzbgbRclg==)
   at #=qWKT6em25jUtEnFt5496whg==.#=q7gMl_ulI$I3w21Ur$AEDZA==.#=qOKunxVghfrJvv1lULlTKBQ==(Graphics #=qnYWARSPalCluY7aIvJIApw==, #=qKraHOboaCD996iyw3epfQ22c6d5uu_20V2Luwbhs4j4= #=qNYoS7atLzRzzuKkPtFwl1A==, Rectangle #=qpETwlaSZGEu_RGQcSHe_8Q==, Rectangle #=q2yZnlKBZVdWEPJ2zfL2HHA==)
   at #=ql8XViFYHQcTpK$2JkjETyBcHic$pzFOHWNipRHwYWQg=.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs #=qpTfZQdFoRViYJearsL82Lw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

all images and player controls are lost
right-clicking task bar icon> Switch to Main Player
fixes it.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
and don't know if this is linked to using that title bar edge,  but occasionally get this error in compact player mode.
the error could be one of two things. Does it happen when a song starts/ ends or some action such as resizing? or is it completely random?
edit:
nevermind - its probably fixed for the next update, although i cant be completely sure
Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:15:41 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwh28nm8k6ahp2s/MusicBeeDemo.zip

for windows 10, i have changed the border handling so its now a single px border for skinned borders. For unskinned borders, the 8px opaque border now renders as a normal 1px border
I plan to look at the remaining skin issues reported above and then i will look at adding new skinning elements

Bee-liever

for windows 10, i have changed the border handling so its now a single px border for skinned borders.

with the new border handling, which looks really good BTW, you need to move the buttons to the left a few px.

Faded skin shows why clearly.  Images are 28x15px as per specs.

I plan to look at the remaining skin issues reported above and then i will look at adding new skinning elements

not sure if element id="MainPanelMargin.Right and .Left not working on the header panel has been reported yet.
If it has, please disregard this extra bit
Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 12:28:04 AM by Bee-liever

Steven

• Administrator
i have made a first pass through the reported issues. There are a lot reported so its possible i might have missed something.
I realise there are still some things that need addressing such as the new default icon for some skins.
I will also revisit the player custom bitmap skin not rendering to the same height as v2.5, although i think it is v2.5 thats wrong. But i will have a look and see if it makes sense to build in backward compatibility without risking causing new issues
Also I will look at adding support for tabs (as a MB option) for when panels are stacked

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwh28nm8k6ahp2s/MusicBeeDemo.zip
unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe

Bee-liever

I will also revisit the player custom bitmap skin not rendering to the same height as v2.5, although i think it is v2.5 thats wrong. But i will have a look and see if it makes sense to build in backward compatibility without risking causing new issues

and here I've been going through my bitmap skins and adjusting them for 3.0

Steven

• Administrator
as i mentioned earlier, i really dont want to change things but it was quite obvious testing against your faded skin that there is an issue.
If you have already made the changes then i will take that no further - plenty of other things to do!

Bee-liever

If you have already made the changes then i will take that no further - plenty of other things to do!

glad I could be of some small assistance in reducing the "to do" list  ;)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
In the default skin, there's a white bit at the top right (you may need to view the image on a dark background to see it):

MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hiccup

and here I've been going through my bitmap skins and adjusting them for 3.0

@Bee-liever,
I will also be looking to adjust and update my old (jistme) skins for v3.
Since you are already experienced in that area, could you please give the details where I should be looking exactly to make adjustments to the skin files and/or images to do that too?
Is the (by now very old) skincreator tool still of any use for that, or should that not be used at all for v3?

Steven

• Administrator
In the default skin, there's a white bit at the top right (you may need to view the image on a dark background to see it):
there should not be any margin in the right at all when maximised, so it appears that MB is maximising correctly. To help diagnose that further can you temporarily move the tabs below the caption bar and include the search box in another screenshot?

edit:
dont worry - its fixed now
Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 09:05:17 PM by Steven

Bee-liever

there should not be any margin in the right at all when maximised, so it appears that MB is maximising correctly.

It's 1px in the RH border when MB is maximised. 6px up from the bottom of the caption bar.
I have also experienced the whole caption bar being light blue (the colour 9ido keeps getting in the search box) when the default MB3 skin is first maximised.  Can't get it to consistently repeat though.

I will also be looking to adjust and update my old (jistme) skins for v3.
Since you are already experienced in that area, could you please give the details where I should be looking exactly to make adjustments to the skin files and/or images to do that too?
Is the (by now very old) skincreator tool still of any use for that, or should that not be used at all for v3?

Wouldn't say I was experienced, still early in the 'trial and error' stage.
The SkinCreator tool is fine to use, it was the 2.x exe that was overstretching the bitmap header by 2px.
Most skins you won't see a difference in. I found it's been the ones that have elements outside the TrackInfo area and/or items aligned to the bottom of it.

Just check out your skins in MB3 and if you notice any anomalies, check those elements first.

hiccup

The SkinCreator tool is fine to use, it was the 2.x exe that was overstretching the bitmap header by 2px.
Most skins you won't see a difference in. I found it's been the ones that have elements outside the TrackInfo area and/or items aligned to the bottom of it. Just check out your skins in MB3 and if you notice any anomalies, check those elements first.

thnx