Author Topic: Play Only Selected Album Instead Of Entire Catalog  (Read 6748 times)

Night AoX

Hello all,

What I would like to see in the next version of MusicBee would be the ability to play only the selected album. As you can see in the screenshot below, when selecting track 4 from my desired album, the Now Playing list starts playing the selected album starting with the selected track but, it also loads every other album by the artist into the Now Playing list.

What I would like to have the player do is start playing the selected album starting with the selected track but, have the Now Playing list only add the tracks from the selected album as simulated in the screenshot below.

hiccup

That is an existing option.
Go to: Preferences > Now Playing > clear list and play selected tracks only.

Night AoX

Yeah but, that only adds one track at a time. I want the full album loaded..

hiccup

I see no screenshot? (you might want to try this: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16499.msg96287#msg96287)

I am not sure I understand.
With the settings I suggested, if you select an album, it will then play that album.
Do you mean that when you select 1 track of an album, you want to play the whole album where that track belongs to?

Night AoX

Hmm... Are you possibly using any extensions that could be blocking the images? These are the direct links to the images:

http://postimg.org/image/kkeifigel/full/

http://postimg.org/image/h5tch7vn5/full/

The screenshots are coming through on my end from Chrome and Firefox so, I don't know what else could be blocking the screenshots on your end...

And yes, in Winamp for example, this functionality is possible:

http://postimg.org/image/f7ht85857/full/

So, you can select a single album you wish to play but, start at track 2 and the Now Playing list will only add that selected album but, start playing from the selected track..

hiccup

Hmm... Are you possibly using any extensions that could be blocking the images? These are the direct links to the images:

That was a good guess of you, I have a couple of plugins running on my FF, but never guessed any of those prevent images on this forum not to display. (nice to see you are using one of my skins btw :-)

And yes, in Winamp for example, this functionality is possible:
So, you can select a single album you wish to play but, start at track 2 and the Now Playing list will only add that selected album but, start playing from the selected track..

I believe you can accomplish exactly that when you right-click a track of an album, and choose: 'Play More...' > 'Play Album Now'.

Night AoX

Haha. Yeah, Tron Punk is dope.. Any way you can make the orange accents a red color?

That right click method works but, I prefer a double left click functionality.. It'll save time..

hiccup

1. Thnx for the appreciation about Tron Punk.
I am not going to alter the colors, since I am personally still very happy as it is. (and it's an actual Tron color scheme)
If you are up to it, you could perhaps learn some skinning of your own, and adjust skins any way you want them to be. There's lots of information on learning that on the forum.

2. Since this posting of yours was not a wish, but a general question for help, I am going to move it to 'General' soon.

3. About your double click request; if every tiny specific alteration would need to be implemented for every person having such specific requests, it might be necessary to hire a personal programmer, and provide him with lodging, food and accommodations. (if you live in the Bahama's you might find one willing...)
Seriously, you could create a new wish for that specific request, but the timing for that currently is really bad, since there is currently lots of work being done to get v3 on the road. (and also I expect it won't be supported enough)

Alumni

Unless you are attatched to the album and tracks view, you may want to try the expanded menu view, since it does what you're asking.

Alumni

How might I go about doing that?

First change the view to album artwork using the configure layout button (next to the search bar).
Next, enter the panel layout options window for the main panel (right click the header bar or the button in the top right corner).
Under the options you see there, enable "show tracks for the selected album -> directly under the selected album".

Night AoX

Hmm.. With that configuration, I just lose a lot of "view" of stuff.. At the moment I only have a 15.6" 1366x768 screen so everything is kind of crowded .. Would a larger screen/higher resolution help keep things less cluttered in the panel?

Alumni

Hmm.. With that configuration, I just lose a lot of "view" of stuff.. At the moment I only have a 15.6" 1366x768 screen so everything is kind of crowded .. Would a larger screen/higher resolution help keep things less cluttered in the panel?

In that case you could try grouping albums by album artist (while still using the expanded menu view), that is probably the best use of screen space in my opinion. If you're not sure how, click the top right corner button (above the scrollbar) and select "group by... album artist".