Author Topic: How do I sync individual playlists to my android (S5) phone?  (Read 3388 times)

Madmaxneo

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 102
I found the sync function in MusicBee just fine. But when I hit that button it starts to sync my entire library. The 64gb SD card on my phone can't handle the 80+ gigs of music that I have so I only sync individual playlists.

I thought I found a workaround by importing the playlists I did in MusicBee to WMP (Windows Medial Player) but it doesn't work. Though the playlist shows up in WMP it is completely empty of music. I have imported some of the older playlists I have in WMP to my S5 and they work fine. But I have added much new music and altered some of my playlists.

So How do I sync individual playlists I create in MusicBee to my Galaxy S5?


Madmaxneo

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 102
Copy the settings you see in this screenshot:



The sync button I found was in a drop down list and nothing like that.
Where do I find that screen?


Alumni

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1007
The sync button I found was in a drop down list and nothing like that.
Where do I find that screen?

Once connected your device should appear in the left hand panel, under playlists. By selecting it you should see the device settings.

Madmaxneo

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 102
Ok thanks!
Now it is having a problem syncing.

The first time I did it it took a real long time and it didn't even sync everything as it came up with an error on more than half the songs on the  playlists I am trying to sync.
The playlists that did sync will not play on my S5. They are listed with the proper file extension but there is another extension. I would tell you what that extension is but I am currently attempting another sync and so far after about 20 mins it is only at 5% complete. I am not sure why this is. I may try and just inserting the SD card into my PC and syncing it that way, but I am not even sure the sync will work that way.


Any suggestions?

Alumni

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1007
I'm not really familiar with your phone model so I can't offer advice, but you could try searching the forum for answers.
I did come across this post, it may or may not be helpful;
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16222.msg95323#msg95323

Madmaxneo

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 102
The weird thing is the playlists are showing up in my playlist folder as .pla files, which is what my S5 reads, but there is and additional extension of .dup0. Here is one of the playlists: Rock 2014.pla.dub0. I am also unable to remove the .dub0 extension.

Alumni

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1007

Madmaxneo

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 102
Hmm I don't suppose you are using Dub Music Player on Android?

Nope, never heard of it.
But it is working now. I think what the .dub0 extension means is that the playlist didn't synchronize all the way.
It was still trying to sync my entire library.
I discovered that under preferences/device in the auto synchronize tab there is the section "synchronize files from:" and under that section the check box "music library" was checked. I had left that checked because I assumed it needed that to look in the music library to locate the right set of playlists. Once I turned that off it stopped trying to synchronize my entire library and therefore was much much quicker with the syncing process.

Now I am having a problem that is not really a problem. It is saying that some of the files failed to sync because it could not locate them, but most of them have been synced to my phone and they play just fine, and they also play fine in the player. Well at least the ones I checked so far play fine. I could not find all the Iron Maiden songs but it may be the file type they were originally saved under or it may be because of the problem I had with the Apple iCrap (iTunes). About a year and a half ago I got a ipod mini and had to use the itunes crap to get the music I wanted onto my ipad mini. For some reason I started having all kinds of problems with my regular playlists in WMP at the time (which is one of the reasons I discovered MusicBee). It wasn't until I removed and deleted all the references to Apple that my music started working fine again. But in the process I had to go in and change some of my ID3 tags around and I don't think I ever got around to my Iron Maiden collection. Which may be why they currently don't play.
Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 05:53:13 AM by Madmaxneo