Author Topic: Send to Playlist: New Playlist. Can it keep the playlist Title and/or Artist?  (Read 1916 times)

lunap123

I like Bee Music.  Works great with the X1 Music Player.
One very minor gripe is the playlist creator.  Is there anyway to create a new playlist from the libray and drag through the album title/artist as the playlist name?  As it stands it just names the new playlist - 'new playlist' and you have to rename it as the artist /title manually.

Zak

• Global Moderator
There's currently no way to have a playlist named automatically, and it would need to be a wishlist request item.

On the other hand, your suggested default assumes the playlist will only contain tracks from a specific album or artist. This is usually not true and people would end up having to rename it anyway.
Bee excellent to each other...

lunap123

Thanks for the response - at least now I can stop searching through the settings for a switch/parameter that enables this.

As for it being a uncommon request, dare I compare it to Itunes, which does behave/create playlists from selected artists in this way?

Convenient and useful.

Zak

• Global Moderator
 :o You dare mention the media player which shall not be named?!

I just assumed most people would use playlists to create a mix of songs from a variety of artists. In "the other player" do you need to have a track selected first for that to work? In MusicBee, a playlist isn't really associated with an artist or album from which to get its name.
Bee excellent to each other...

lunap123

I use playlists to elevate new artist music I want to listen to to the top of the stack (so to speak), I never use it for making compliations.

When you have 80GB of music on your X1player/ipod, scrolling through the artists to to get to those new albums you just sync'd, becomes a time chore in itself.  Make all your new music into artist titles playlists, and you get a convienent list of what's new for you.

The 'media player that shall not be named' does this, but you can't sync a X1 on it.

Minor gripe as I said.  Music Bee is exceptional software.  I am really suprised that the FiiO team haven't embraced it as compatiable with their X1 product.