Author Topic: Share your MusicBee Layout Config here  (Read 6009 times)

jackuars

I saw some amazing layout config from people who are posting here. Manually setting it up is a pain. I'd like to know if there is a way to share layout config, and just the config file.

If it's possible, please share your layout config here. Also post screenshot of your MusicBee interface.

If it's not, this is a feature request I'd like to suggest, so that others can simply copy the .cfg file (or whatever) and make their MB to look like others.
Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:27:10 PM by jackuars

Steven

• Administrator
i recommend against sharing the config as it includes folder paths that will be specific to your set up.
Because of the changes made for v3, it would be more realistic now to provide the ability to save/ load the layout part of the config but it wouldnt be until next year before i would consider doing that (not promising!)
Perhaps just posting a screenshot and description of the settings you did would suffice? Even put it in the wiki perhaps?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
i recommend against sharing the config as it includes folder paths that will be specific to your set up.
Because of the changes made for v3, it would be more realistic now to provide the ability to save/ load the layout part of the config but it wouldnt be until next year before i would consider doing that (not promising!)
Perhaps just posting a screenshot and description of the settings you did would suffice? Even put it in the wiki perhaps?

What are suggesting to put in the wiki?  There's a fair amount of layout info now, but I'm happy to try to add more.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
What are suggesting to put in the wiki?  There's a fair amount of layout info now, but I'm happy to try to add more.
i didnt have anything specific in mind and didnt look at whats there now when i made the suggestion - I just dont think sharing config files as the OP suggesred is a good thing to do. Perhaps a link in this topic to the relevant wiki area would suffice

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Well, here's a collection of Layout-related pages: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Layout
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

jackuars

Hi, Steven. I was only talking about Layout config. Just like how this user has asked: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16591.0

I think it will be a good feature, especially for people weak in customizing their MB looks. I've asked the same question months before, and I know people who would like to have the same.