Author Topic: Artwork Performance  (Read 5290 times)

Blinghound

I would love to see smooth scrolling and resizing when browsing music by artwork, so the artwork does not flicker off and on while resizing and scrolling, which would give a cleaner UI.

Steven

• Administrator

Blinghound

The 1.2.3875 latest beta. Does it have anything to do with cache? Cheers Steven

Steven

• Administrator
all the artwork is cached. I already spent quite a bit of time looking at this trying to get a compromise between fast scrolling speed and non-flickering. I'll have a look at it again at a future date but cant promise anything

ild2

Maybe you could use Direct2D to get GPU accelerated drawing? I'm not a programmer so I don't really know if that is an option here, just thinking...

dreamssailaway

I have about 5000 songs (about 450 front covers) and it runs fine here...

infogulch

Steven, have you ever considered / looked at double buffering MB's gui controls? It might speed up or smooth out the control redrawing on some computers and it would probably help with the flicker when resizing.

e.g. stackoverflow.com

Steven

• Administrator
i'm already using double buffering!
i do plan to have another look at the Album and Tracks layout as there is a fair bit of smearing when scrolling and i have an idea to improve that
Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:42:21 AM by Steven

infogulch

Lol I knew you were going to say that :-P
I look forward to improvements. :-)

Steven

• Administrator
i will leave this until next year as the solution i want to do will require creating my own control to display the artwork and its not trivial